AdWords
6.1K members online now
6.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

2 google analytics account linked to 1 AdWords account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have 2 similar google analytics account linked to AdWords, the tracker for both GA accounts are installed on the same page. Will that be a problem when the data is imported into AdWords? Will AdWords double count as a result?

Also if there are identical conversion goals on each GA account, and both are imported into AdWords, will AdWords double count? Or will it show 1 conversion for each goal?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alvin Z
January 2016

Re: 2 google analytics account linked to 1 AdWords account

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Alvin,

Yes, this will be a problem when you import the Google Analytics columns into AdWords, and if you allow both sets of goals to be imported. I would recommend unlinking one of the accounts from your AdWords accounts, or better yet, just using one Google Analytics account and removing the other code from the website. That way there is no confusion about where the reporting is coming from and which metrics you are optimizing around.

Let me know if you have any more questions about this!
Cassie

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alvin Z
January 2016

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Alvin,

Yes, this will be a problem when you import the Google Analytics columns into AdWords, and if you allow both sets of goals to be imported. I would recommend unlinking one of the accounts from your AdWords accounts, or better yet, just using one Google Analytics account and removing the other code from the website. That way there is no confusion about where the reporting is coming from and which metrics you are optimizing around.

Let me know if you have any more questions about this!
Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks CassieH, I have followed your advice and unlinked one of the accounts from the AdWords account.

I had not previously import goals from both accounts, only one of them. Hope that there is minimal or no impact during the period where both accounts were linked.

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Alvin,

You shouldn't have any lingering issues, especially since you had not imported the other set of goals and were only optimizing your account off of the first set. Unlinking the other account will also remove that data from the Google Analytics columns you can import!

Cassie