AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

2 Separate Account - 1 Thank You page

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

There are 2 separate accounts (not campaigns) but the target website is same..therefore same/single Thank-You page. I have to track conversions through both the accounts. How the conversion code(s) will work in this case?

Thanks,

Kundan

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Kundan,

promoting the same or similar content from multiple accounts on the same or similar queries is a policy violation- Gaining unfair advantage and your account may get suspended.

I would recommend to use a single AdWords account and create different campaigns based on Location/services.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sounds like a AdWords manger account might solve the issues.

https://www.google.com/adwords/manager-accounts/?subid=gb-en-ns-g-aw-c-dyn!o2

Then you can do list sharing

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6123188?hl=en-GB

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Kundan,

promoting the same or similar content from multiple accounts on the same or similar queries is a policy violation- Gaining unfair advantage and your account may get suspended.

I would recommend to use a single AdWords account and create different campaigns based on Location/services.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

@Kundan,

Using two different accounts to promote a single website is a violation of Google adwords policy. You might get both of your account suspended. 

I would suggest to use a single account. 

Regards,

Syed Sayem Mustafa

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Archit & Moshe,

I do agree with this fundamental but what to do in case you are running campaigns for the same partner and they want to cross-remarket their users visiting the 2 websites? 

Any solution?

Thanks,

Kundan

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Kindan,

If you put both websites in the same account, as it seems maybe you should, you can share the remarketing lists between websites. And you'll only need to place the AdWords conversion code one time on the thank you page.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords