AdWords
6.5K members online now
6.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

2 Display Campaigns Conversion Attribution

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi There,

I am running 2 display campaigns. Let’s suppose Campaign A is focusing on getting new customers through different placement and topic targeting. The other one Campaign B is remarketing campaign.

Now if a user come to my website through Campaign A Ad and didn't convert then he added to remarketing list. Now he sees the Ad of Campaign B and this time he come to my website and got converted. In this case Campaign B will get the credit Right?

Now let’s suppose User see Ad of Campaign A and didn't click then he see the Ad of Campaign B and again did not click. The 3rd time he sees facebook ad or maybe a post and through that he got converted.  Now in this case who will get the credit of view through conversions? Campaign A, Campaign B or Both?

Looking forward to your answers,

Cheers,

Nouman

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nouman T
September 2015

Re: 2 Display Campaigns Conversion Attribution

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Nouman,

As per the help center article "The last impression will get credit for the view-through conversion." so in your example, the credit will go to your remarketing campaign (Campaign B)

Please read under " View through conversion data"

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722023?hl=en

Deepak

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Nouman,

You can check assisted clicks and impressions and assisted conversion reports. Details are available in the same page shared above.

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Nouman,

My understanding is that both campaigns contributed so they would both get a view-through conversion. I'd be interested to hear other answers.

Hope this helps!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Nouman,

As per the help center article "The last impression will get credit for the view-through conversion." so in your example, the credit will go to your remarketing campaign (Campaign B)

Please read under " View through conversion data"

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722023?hl=en

Deepak

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Interesting -thanks for sharing, Deepak!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Deepak,

Thanks, Is there any way to check whether Campaign A Ads Impressions was part of the conversion funnel?

Because I am seeing 0 conversions for Campaign A but the campaign have good click through rate so I am sure that they are converting through remarketing campaign. Is there any way to check that?

Thanks,
Nouman

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
You are most welcome, Amy!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Nouman,

You can check assisted clicks and impressions and assisted conversion reports. Details are available in the same page shared above.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Cool, Thank you so much Deepak for your help. Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

As Deepak mentioned in Adwords the  conversion is attributed to the last click; while in Analytics it is attributed to the last indirect source.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’