AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

2 Ads w/ same title and keywords getting huge variation in impressions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good morning,

I'm running a campaign with two separate ads.  Each ad has the same title and byline, but separate URL destinations.  The keywords are exactly the same, so why is one ad getting a huge amount of impressions and not the other?

Thank you,

Jennifer

Re: 2 Ads w/ same title and keywords getting huge variation in impress

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Jennifer V !

Your issue is caused by the default setting for the campaign .

Go to : Settings, scroll the page to Advanced Settings and look at the "Ad delivery: Ad rotation, frequency capping".

The Ad rotation is set for "Optimize for clicks: Show ads expected to provide more clicks" , and click the edit button and now you can choose 4 settings.

For example you could chose to setup conversions and then to rotate ads according to the best conversion performance

Here is a help page about setting ads

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404248?hl=en

I've uploaded a printscreen for you to look at bellow

ad-rotation-for-conversions.jpg

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Jennifer,

Little more insight to Adrian’s response-

Yes, based on Ad rotation as well, your one performing ad might be triggered than the other.

Furthermore, you mentioned, you have same set of keywords for the same ad text with different destination URL.

Are they residing in the same campaign in different ad groups? And keywords are competing each other and keywords with high QS are winning auction and performing ad in that ad group is displayed often.

You might check Ad preview and diagnose tool for the keywords which have less than expected impressions from Campaign > Keywords > Statius column > Hover over mouse on bubble and click ad preview and diagnosis tool.

This diagnosis tool should show you some possible problems.

SJ

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello SJAdWiser,

Because you are Analytics certified, could help me understand this problem better ?

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/Click-assisted-conversions-in-Search-Funel...