AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

2 Ad groups, 2 landing pages, 2 thank you pages, 2 conversion tracking codes?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have one campaign in one account. In that campaign, 2 Ad groups, 2 landing pages, 2 thank you pages. So my original idea was to to set up two conversion tracking codes and include in each thank you page separately.

Is it the best way to do it when it comes to tracking performance and reporting? Or should I have one thank you page and one conversion tracking code.

I'm not in a position to change 2 Ad groups and 2 landing pages so have to go ahead with either option above. Or is there alternative better way?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Chamith,

If you are tracking the same conversion, that has the same value to your business (for example a general contact form), you should only use one thank you page with one conversion code.

Google will correctly add the conversion data to the ad group / ad / keyword that triggered it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

So will there be any issue if I go ahead with two thank you pages and two tracking codes?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author C Lak
November 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Chamith L,

You can use 2 thank you pages and 2 tracking codes if that's what you want to do. Keep in mind clicks from either campaign could be tracked by either set of tracking codes. There's no real advantage to having 2 sets of the tracking code. You could have 2 thank you pages with the same tracking code.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords