AdWords
4K members online now
4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

12 view-through conversions for 8 impressions

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Can anyone explain how on a single day their could be 12 view-through-conversions for a specific placement, but only 8 impressions?

Its probably the same person who got all those impressions, and there are usually not more than 1 conversion per person for this business.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: 12 view-through conversions for 8 impressions

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Interesting stats.

Can you check all the conversions received. I think you have received duplicate conversions from same user or may be user is so kind that he is giving you multiple conversions Smiley Tongue

Foyzul

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi David,

I had to do a little looking around to confirm what I suspected. I found this article: http://www.gordonchoi.com/google-adwords-view-through-conversions-20111201

According to this article, "Recorded: View-through conversions are recorded for the date of the associated impression."

PatientRock wrote: "So it's entirely possible that none of the "view-through conversions" you're seeing that day are actually even from that day at all." That just isn't true.

Are you able to confirm the number of conversions through another data source?

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Sorry for replying late here, must have missed the notification email for this.

"Are you able to confirm the number of conversions through another data source?"

No, this conversion was tracked using Adwords conv. script.

I can´t find the case I was referring to in my first post again, but here is another, similar funny case:

14 view-through-conversions for www.tmz.com (celeb gossip) based on only 17 impressions!!