AdWords
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

100% Bounce Rate

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Friends,

We have created 9 different pages dedicated to their respective ad groups. The idea is to get user the most appropriate landing page whereby he/she can find the information he is looking for. We have put content accordingly with relevant page meta tags, keywords in H1 tag and bold, images highlighting offers and prices etc.

We are using modified broad match for all of the keywords.

We have three different ad groups with different target regions in Australia. We have also made sure that no ad group conflicts with each other as far as target regions are concerned.

‘Call to action’ terms are included in adverts as well as in landing pages.

A contact form has been placed on the top right of the page. It has been highlighted using attractive colors and design combo.

We target Australia as a region so; I guess there is no scope of adding Call extensions there.

The primary concern is Bounce Rate. It is 100% in most of the click we received so far. I really don’t understand why it is so high. I have checked the ad URLs for three times, they are correct. All of the landing pages take less time to open. Almost everything is in place, the phone number, the contact form, price tags, keywords, content, images, terms and condition page, portfolio, testimonials, benefits, contact email id, address etc.

Kindly help.

Thanks
Adaptativeince

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: 100% Bounce Rate

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello adaptativeincre;

Just to make clear: when you are saying 100% bounce rate - do you mean that there are no conversions? Users who land on the page leaves without taking any action (e.g. Buying, fill-in a contact form ...etc...)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: 100% Bounce Rate

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Adaptativeince,

I'm curious about this statement, "We have three different ad groups with different target regions in Australia."

How are you going about targeting these regions? I will assume you are using region-specific terms in your keyword to target as AdGroups can not be geo-targeted separately. The first thing you might consider is creating separate campaigns for each of the target areas using geo-targeting to define where you want your ads shown. And remove all the region-specific keywords. Make sure the ad groups within each campaign are tightly focused.

Then you might create alternate versions of your landing pages, then do an experiment to see if changes in the landing page(s) improves performance.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords