AdWords
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

10 product codes, 1 thank you page only. What if i got 50 next time?!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 
I am really new to adwords, if i have one thank you page only, and i have lets say 10 products that i am advertising, to track the products conversion, am i suppose to paste all 10 codes into the same thank you page? And if i do paste them in, will google analytics or ad word show me specifically the conversion rate for EACH single product?

??

Lets say in the long term i expand and i have 50 products that i am advertising, do i still paste all 50 codes on the same thank you page? Is there an easier way instead of pasting all 50 codes on my thank you page?
 and will google adword be able to track each product individually?

Last question, if the code is run after the order is completed, then how do this code knows if its for the specific deal?
If it runs all the time, how/can it distingush whether its an actual conversion?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Isaac G
September 2015

Re: 10 product codes, 1 thank you page only. What if i got 50 next tim

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

I think the scenario you are explaining here to track orders for individual products, it is better to install the E-commerce tracking script on your website, so that you get detailed analysis of which all products are sold higher along with other details.

You can read more about ecommerce tracking and its implementation in this reference:

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/ecommerce

It is OK, if you have a same thank you page because generally for a shopping cart website, your thanks page is check out success page. In terms of conversion tracking code, you should install it on this particular page and Adwords would be able to track if the order comes through Google ad click within 30 days of that particular click.

You can read more about conversion tracking here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722022?hl=en

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Re: 10 product codes, 1 thank you page only. What if i got 50 next tim

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey thanks! I understand it now.. haha was looking for a wrong solution...