AdWords
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

1 Impression, 1 click and 26 conversion. How is it possible?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I noticed this in my campaign on 13-September. I got 1 click and 26 conversion how is it possible?

2015-10-02_18-29-19.jpg

As per Analytics I only got 9 conversion on 13-Sep.

Thanks,

Nouman

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: 1 Impression, 1 click and 26 conversion. How is it possible?

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Nourman,

Go to tool > Conversions> and see what you are pulling in for conversions. Are they just AW or are you pulling both AW and GA as well as Calls?

Check which conversion metric you are using as well.

Cookies last 30 days, but based on the odd numbers I would say it is a combination of Phone calls, and double counting of conversion events from AW and imported goals from GA.

Review your settings and measurements in both AW and GA

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

From the screen shot it looks like you may have some "Removed" campaigns not showing. Click on the Drop down menu that says "All but removed campaigns" or "All enabled" and change it to "All" that will show you the removed campaigns  

All But.png

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your replies!

I found it myself. If I look into converted clicks column it shows only 1 conversion for this keyword.

So the unique conversion is one. Maybe the user bookmark the thankyou page for invoice reference and he visited it a lot of time because of which adwords is showing a lot of conversion.

Thanks,
Nouman

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Nouman T,

Google support says returning to a thank you page with a bookmark will not record a second conversion.

I'd go with Eric's suggestion and see what all those conversions were. How are you tracking conversions, with the AW conversion code, importing goals, or importing eCommerce transactions?

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pete,

I have Adwords code installed on thankyou page.

I am not importing analytics goals.

Do you have any idea whats the problem? It happen only with one keywords all other have correct data.

Thanks,
Nouman