AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

1:1:1 Conversion Tracking (Landing Page, Thank You, Conversion Code)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

I'd like to clarify. We are reviving  an old account and practically revamping from scratch. Question:

I've been asked to do 1:1:1 - One landing page for One Thank You Page with One unique Conversion Code.

This means I have to generate and manage a few hundred conversion codes and thank you pages. The landing page I understand is completely necessary. But are the multiple TY pages and individual codes?

The main objective of course is to granularly track EVERYTHING.

Can maybe keyword level url's avoid the need for these duplications, or is a one tracking code able to track enough already in the first place?

Thoughts and suggestions will be highly appreciated (as long as it's correct Smiley Tongue )

Many thanks, 

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: 1:1:1 Conversion Tracking (Landing Page, Thank You, Conversion Cod

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi angelomvd,

You don't really need a different conversion code for each thank you page. Generally, you want one conversion code for each type of conversion, but not for each product. For example, a eCommerce site might have 2 conversion types, purchase, inquiry.

With auto-tagging enabled, AdWords will properly track the campaign/ad group/ad copy/keyword performance. Creating multiple conversions for the same type of transaction makes things more complicated than necessary.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Re: 1:1:1 Conversion Tracking (Landing Page, Thank You, Conversion Cod

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That was the confirmation I needed Pete. Thank you!