AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

0 Impressions 1 click for historical report - bug?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author autumn f
September 2015

Re: 0 Impressions 1 click for historical report - bug?

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Autumn,

Sometimes impressions get filtered out as our system wrongly thought they were invalid or erroneous impressions. If system was able to confirm that the clicks were valid, it would report the clicks.

In theory, when a click doesn't get filtered out as "invalid", then the impression shouldn't be either (if the click was valid, then the impression must have been valid too), however we don't retroactively add back the filtered impressions, which is causing these 0 impression 1 click cases.

I hope that helps!

Kathleen

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author autumn f
September 2015

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Autumn,

Sometimes impressions get filtered out as our system wrongly thought they were invalid or erroneous impressions. If system was able to confirm that the clicks were valid, it would report the clicks.

In theory, when a click doesn't get filtered out as "invalid", then the impression shouldn't be either (if the click was valid, then the impression must have been valid too), however we don't retroactively add back the filtered impressions, which is causing these 0 impression 1 click cases.

I hope that helps!

Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thank you! that makes sense.
Kind regards,
Autumn