AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

0% Bounce Rate vs 100% Bounce Rate

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm seeing two conflicting situations in my data and am wondering if I am doing or interpreting it wrong. In one case I have 1 click with a 100% Bounce Rate and 1 Pages per Session, and in the other case I have 1 Click with a 0% Bounce Rate and 0 Pages per Session.

How can this be? Doesn't a Bounce Rate of 100% mean that that single person must have left the page immediately? And how can my Bounce Rate be 0% if that single person explored beyond the landing page?

I would appreciate any insight on this- thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: 0% Bounce Rate vs 100% Bounce Rate

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi BetsyLDCS,

Are you, by chance, looking at today's data? Data imported from Analytics, like bounce rate, can be delayed up to 24 hours. Quite often when you are looking at today's data you will get something like this, where the numbers are incomplete and make no sense.

Always pick a date range at least 24 hours in the past. If this isn't you case, please post back with a little more detail.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pete,

Thanks for your reply. No this is data as old as a week ago, I've been puzzling over it for a while.
I'm posting a screenshot of what I'm seeing, leaving our keywords out. I'm looking at the one-clicks.

Thanks,

Betsy Lambright
Digital Marketing Projects Assistant
Integrated Marketing Communications

Division of Continuing Studies
University of Wisconsin-Madison
21 N Park St, Room 7217
Madison, WI 53715

Email: blambright@dcs.wisc.edu
Phone: (608) 890-3206

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Betsey,

That leaves me stumped! I don't see the screenshot, I don't know if it will help me explain what's going on here.

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
The first scenario is normal. If there is only one pageview and user leaves your page you have bounce rate 100% and one page per session.
But the second one - wher you have 0 pages per session and BR=0% is not natural. This could happen when the only one hit in session is event or transaction hit.
So you have to check your tracking code configuration.