AdWords
6.4K members online now
6.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

0.5 Conversions - What does it mean?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi all,

Last week I saw at the Conversion Column that 2 Keywords brought 0.5 conversions and other 1.5 conversions receptively.  As it is the first time that I see this on Adwords Data I was wondering if anyone can tell me what it means.

I include below an screenshot so you know what I mean:

Half Conversions.png

I want to thank you in advance for your kind help,

Santiago

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Santiago C
July

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Santiago,

In conversion tracking, if you are using an attribution model that gives fractional credit across multiple clicks, then you will see decimal places in your conversion reports.

Read the Note: Decimals in conversion data here - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6270625?hl=en-GB

More information about attribution models here - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6259715

Deepak

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you Deepak for taking the time to answer my question.  It is very much appreciated.

I have checked and my client is using a model that I have never used before:

Position-based Position-based: Gives 40% of credit to both the first- and last-clicked ads and corresponding keyword, with the remaining 20% spread out across the other clicks on the path.

I usually work with "Last Click" or Even "First Click" Attribution Models but never with this one.

May I ask if you know what the benefits would be of using this particular model towards the most popular ones (Lets say "Last Click" and "First Click" Attribution Models)?

Thank you very much in advance for your kind help,

Santiago

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Santiago,

On the path to a conversion, a customer may do multiple searches with different keywords and interact with multiple ads from the same advertiser.

An attribution model that gives fractional credit across multiple clicks will help you to identify undervalued keywords that are assisting customers all along the conversion path.

Please check the 'Example' here - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6259715

Deepak

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Dear Deepak,

Thank you very much for your kind help.  It is very much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Santiago

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Deepak,

It all makes sense however when I look at Total Conversions for the month and I see a fractional number: ie. 55.78 how can I explain this?  I understand that various keywords are responsible for a fraction of the conversion but there can only be one absolute number of people that actually converted?

I am using 'Time Decay' as the attribution model and I am looking to track absolute conversions as well.

thanks in advance.

Jacob

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @Jacob S

Time decay attribution model gives more credit to clicks that happened closer in time to the conversion. The initial interaction (first click on ad) may have happen before the time frame that you are looking at. So a fraction of the credit may be attributed to the days before the selected date range.

Compare another attribution model (Tools - Attribution - attribution modelling) like 'Last Click'with the present attriution model and see what data you are getting.

A more detailed explanation is available here under the heading 'Conversion data in Attribution reports vs. Campaigns tab' - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6259715

Deepak

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Deepak_V,

Thank you.  That explained it.  I now see where I can get the Last Click Data and compare it.

Thanks again,

Jacob

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor