2.5K members online now
Guide Me
star_border

Engineering Consultancy in the United States - Share Tips for Success

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Today we're featuring our recommendations for @Reza M, who runs an engineering consultancy and can be found at http://mymetalexpert.com/, and would like to attract more leads to his site. 

Want to share your own helpful insights with @Reza M? We invite you join the conversation in the comments below.

@Reza M thanks for reaching out to learn about how to improve your AdWords campaign. Based on the information you shared with us, we understand that your business is providing materials engineering services and consultancy and what really sets you apart from your competitors is your expertise in the subject. Your main goal is to attract new leads to your site.

We reviewed your account and recommend that you focus on increasing your quality score and  

clicks. Here’s a bit more about each metric, along with specific actions you can take to help improve your campaign performance.

Quality Score

•  Implement Keywords in Ad Text: Include your keywords in your ad text: Using your keywords in your ad text helps catch the attention of people who searched for those words, and shows that your ad is relevant to what they want. For example, if you've included digital cameras as a keyword, your ad headline could be "Buy Digital Cameras."
  • Keywords - Specific Keywords: Choose relevant keywords: Your keywords should be closely related to what you're advertising in your ad text and offering on your site. Keywords of 2 or 3 words tend to work most effectively.
  • Keywords - Match Types: Fine-tune your keywords: With keyword matching options, you can control how closely a keyword needs to match a person's search term in order to trigger your ad. For example, you can use broad match to show your ad to a wider audience, or exact match to hone in on specific groups of customers.

Clicks

• Location bid adjustment: Adjust your bid by location: A location bid adjustment allows you to raise or lower your bid for searches that occur in specific geographic areas. If clicks from certain places are worth more to you, try setting a location bid adjustment to show your ads more frequently there.
  • Target Search Page Location (if targeting a wide area): Bid for better visibility: The automated bid strategy “Target search page location” sets your bids to help increase the chances that your ads appear at the top of the page or on the first page of search results.
  •  Refresh ad text - CTA, proper punctuation: Include a strong call-to-action in your ad text: Your ad text should make it clear what action you want people to take on your site. Strong verbs like "Buy," "Call today," "Order," "Sign up," or "Get a quote" tell customers what to expect and encourage your customers to take your desired action.

We hope these tips will help you succeed with AdWords. Feel free to share additional information such as your website, and the copy of your ads if you wish. If you have any further questions, just reply to this post and our community of Experts will be happy to assist.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Engineering Consultancy in the United States - Share Tips for Success

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @Reza M

Apart from @DominikaD suggestions, I would also recommend to set up phone tracking using Google Forwarding Numbers, so you can understand which keywords are bringing customers to your business. If you are still not tracking form submissions, I would recommend to set up needed goals in Google Analytics.  

Also, I think you can place your phone number in the top part of your website adding call to action so people will understand what is the preferred way to reach your business. 

Few other things which I would recommend to implement in order to increase traffic volume and quality score: 

• Add more extensions such as call extensions, site links, callouts etc. Also if you have Google my business account you can connect it to Google Adwords to display a location of your office in ads.
  • Work out list of your negative keywords to block irrelevant search terms
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency

Re: Engineering Consultancy in the United States - Share Tips for Success

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hmm.. An interesting  case...

Being an engineer myself in the fields of mechanical and chemical engineering, and spending a great part of my professional career in  the process engineering industry, I would recommend considering  a redesign of the website.  Though  current content is comprehensive and with many technical details, it's too complex as a promotional  page aimed to drive users to convert (i.e. To pick up the phone and call inquiring about your services). Keep in mind the some of the users who may land on the page are buyers seeking to find consulting services on behalf of the engineering team. Though buyers may have some background in science and engineering they might not be familiar with all the scientific and engineering terminology,  could be confused (by the extensive technical  content) and hesitate  to convert.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’