1.8K members online now
Guide Me
star_border

Bioenergy systems supplier in Europe - Share tips for Success

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Today we're featuring our recommendations for @HoSt B who runs one of the largest suppliers of bioenergy systems in Europe can be found at www.host.nl/en and would like to focus on driving more traffic to their website and boosting sales.

Want to share your own helpful insights with @HoSt B? We invite you join the conversation in the comments below. 

@HoSt B, thanks for reaching out to learn about how to improve your AdWords campaigns. 

Thank you for sharing a lot of details about your business with us. Based on the information you shared with us, we understand that the expertise of HoSt focuses on the technological development of the processing of biomass streams and the supply of systems for renewable energy from biomass. HoSt supplies anaerobic digesters for agriculture and industry biogas upgrading systems, wood-fired boilers and combined heat and power plants, and fluidized-bed gasifiers. What really makes you stand out from your competitors is the fact that you have developed a wide range of components for the optimization of bioenergy systems and that you supply components for bioenergy plants. 

The key goals that you would like to achieve through your Adwords campaigns are driving more quality traffic to your site and increasing sales. 

We reviewed your account and recommend that you focus on increasing your CTR (clickthrough rate) and Clicks. Here’s a bit more about each metric, along with specific actions you can take to help improve your campaign performance.

CTR

• Implement Keywords in Ad Text: Include your keywords in your ad text: Using your keywords in your ad text helps catch the attention of people who searched for those words, and shows that your ad is relevant to what they want. For example, if you've included digital cameras as a keyword, your ad headline could be "Buy Digital Cameras."
  • Themed Ad Groups: Organize your campaign into tightly themed ad groups: Ad groups are where you write your ads and choose keywords that can trigger those ads to show when someone's search contains your keywords. Every campaign needs at least 1 ad group, and every ad group needs at least 1 ad, but we recommend a minimum of 2 ad groups with at least 2 ads in each.
  • Mobile Bid Adjustment: Adjust your bid for mobile: A mobile bid adjustment allows you to raise or lower your bid for searches that occur on mobile devices. If clicks from mobile devices are worth more to you, try setting a mobile bid adjustment to show your ads more frequently in those situations.
  • Keywords - Match Types: Fine-tune your keywords: With keyword matching options, you can control how closely a keyword needs to match a person's search term in order to trigger your ad. For example, you can use broad match to show your ad to a wider audience, or exact match to hone in on specific groups of customers.
  • Pause Keywords with low CTR: Pause keywords with low clickthrough rate (CTR): You'll want to invest in high-performing keywords that are generating clicks. To help free up budget and visibility for more successful keywords, you'll want to consider pausing keywords with low CTRs.

Clicks

• Location bid adjustment: Adjust your bid by location: A location bid adjustment allows you to raise or lower your bid for searches that occur in specific geographic areas. If clicks from certain places are worth more to you, try setting a location bid adjustment to show your ads more frequently there.
  • Target Search Page Location (if targeting a wide area): Bid for better visibility: The automated bid strategy “Target search page location” sets your bids to help increase the chances that your ads appear at the top of the page or on the first page of search results.
  • Keywords - Negative Keywords: Filter out irrelevant keywords: You can use[negative keywords] to filter out terms that aren't relevant to your business. Negative keywords prevent Google from showing your ad to anyone searching for that phrase.
  • Target more locations: Target more locations: To reach a wider audience, try to expand the geographical area where you want your ads to show. For each ad campaign, you can target locations such as entire countries, areas within a country like cities or territories, or even a radius around a location.

We hope these tips will help you succeed with AdWords. Feel free to share additional information such as your website, and the copy of your ads if you wish. If you have any further questions, just reply to this post and our community of Experts will be happy to assist.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Bioenergy systems supplier in Europe - Share tips for Success

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

As an engineer  with a background in mechanical and chemical engineering I like  to see B2B engineering sites promoted on AdWords....

This is a nice and neat engineering website with  the correct balance of engineering / technical  information (not too much technical info, but yet enough info to promote engineering skills and expertise in this field.)

I would choose the keywords carefully and focus on  exact match keywords to get the ad triggered only by the relevant queries to the (engineering) services provided.

I would also consider a Display campaign targeting specific news  websites  and blogs in this field. (Managed placements)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Bioenergy systems supplier in Europe - Share tips for Success

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @HoSt B,

I do fully agree with the words posted by Top Contributor @MosheTLV. Unlike him, I have a business background, hold a masters in int'l economics, however, do have very similar thoughts. It is a pretty well-built B2B website and a very complex one also, to say the least. In addition to 11 EU countries, you also have offices in Russia, Serbia, and the Ukraine; support 8 European languages and have a good number of reference plants in those countries. It's the kind of int'l project I really do like.

At the moment it is not clear for me whether you would like to receive tips from us to improve your existing AdWords campaigns or ideas regarding how we would build them from scratch. My working assumption is that the latter is the case. And honestly, gut feeling is it's gonna be the hell of a lot of work for your AdWords manager.

Your website offers contact details for prospects via telephone, email, or a web form for which reason measuring conversion related metrics will of course be a challenge, however, technically speaking it may be overcome relatively easily by the implementation of due efforts. We should also consider another important factor regarding who your clients may be. It is highly important to understand that the general public is unlikely to make inquiries or place orders with you hence they are not our target audience. I represent that municipalities, cooperatives, specialized companies and the like will constitute your target audience. This simple fact will have a huge impact on setting your reasonable expectations relative to what you can achieve via AdWords and how.

1. BRANDING CAMPAIGNS

I am going to be short on it since @DominikaD said your primary objective is driving quality traffic to your site and increasing sales. However, you seem to be kind of a beneficiary of some appropriate EU directives therefore giving back some information to the general public is almost mandatory. The best way to do it is to run a branding campaign giving some corporate information to interested members of the general public. The extent of such a campaign is subject to your appropriate budget, of course.

2. REVENUE ORIENTED CAMPAIGNS

That should be campaigns where you expect the revenues to come from. I belong to the school of pros who represent that B2B prospects are very unlikely to come form the Search Network for the simple reason that it has been developed with a primary focus on targeting the members of the general public. Hence the key to generating sales will be the creation of Display campaigns targeting specific managed placements with focus on your target audience (industry specific or related sites and blogs, some sites specialized in environment protection etc.) occasionally coupled with proper keywords. The process of the selection of such managed placements is key to you success; you should know that it takes a lot of working time to properly consider and evaluate them prior to allocating funds. All that should be happening in at least your 8 supported languages. Fortunately, your network of reps in 14 European countries could contribute to those efforts to a large extent.

Separate campaigns should be built for each targeted country. I assume you may want to target even those EU countries with your ads where your company is not present with a rep or a reference plant currently. For the time being, the UK remains a big question, of course.

Well, I think the above is perhaps a bit more than enough to share my initial thoughts. Any feedback or orientation notes from @HoSt B would be highly appreciated of course.

Best,
Lakatos