7.9K members online now
7.9K members online now
Stay up-to-date on the latest AdWords features and changes
Guide Me
star_border

Verify your phone number for call-only ads!

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Hopefully you've already read about our new type of campaign: call-only campaigns allow you to focus on getting more people to click-to-call you straight from your ads.

One important policy you need to be aware of, is that your new call-only ads won't run unless you've verified your phone number. Want to know how to verify your phone number? Keep reading:

Phone number verification: There are two methods for verifying the business phone number for your ads.

1. Verification URL:The verification URL should link to a webpage where the phone number for your ad appears. The number does not have to be immediately visible to website visitors. The verification URL should have the same domain as your ad's display URL.
  2. URL domain: You can also verify your phone number by proving ownership of your ad's display URL domain instead. Here's how:
    1. Link your AdWords and Google Webmaster Tools accounts. See instructions
    2. Set up conversion tracking on the landing page for your call-only ad. See instructions
    3. Add the phone number to your webpage on the same domain as your ad's display URL.

Have any questions? Post them below!

Kathleen

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Verify your phone number for Call Only Ads!

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
thanks

Re: Verify your phone number for call-only ads!

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
This is Good thank you Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Kathleen,

Manny Thanks!!! You sort out my problem..

Thanks

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Kathleen,
Thanks for the information.
I have successfully linked our AdWords account with 6 domains on which we have landing pages. Can you tell me how long it may take before our call extension numbers will show as verified? The sites are showing as linked in AdWords for around 1/2 an hour, but the numbers on the call extensions still say unverified.

Also, does it matter whether we link the www. or non-www. version of the website in GWT?
Thanks,
Dids

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
How can Google take such a simple thing as verifying a phone number and making it difficult process. Most services do it with a simple call back that takes less than 1 minute and takes no effort.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Please help me <edited by a Community Manager as noted below> number

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines. Please do not post personal information on this public forum.

Verify your phone number for call-only ads!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks you very much!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My targeting country is India....Can I use Cell Phone number in CALL-ONLY ADS?
That cell phone number updated on website....Is it works in India?

Experts in the Topic
leandrofm
MosheTLV
KathleenG
CassieH