Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 211
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So nothing free from Google now. 

Updates to the Keyword Planner Tool

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 212
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

This is a forum for getting answers to technical questions about Google AdWords campaigns. Is there a question you want to ask?

During Q3 2016 Google had to make a change to the keyword planning tool due to misuse. Accounts that are below a spending threshold per month are only able to see limited search volume information.

The keyword planner was likely seeing heavy abuse from SEO-related users, which interferes with it's ability to serve the AdWords community. But that is just speculation on my part.

imho Google remains one of the most generous companies you can find in any industry, providing a vast range of free online services and tools - literally over 100 from Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Analytics and a massive list of other resources.  However, they cannot provide everything to everyone "for free".  I don't see why they should be expected to do so. 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 213
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

They should be providing the Keyword Planner to Adwords customers for free - as it will enable customers to spend more money. 

Re: Updates to the Keyword Planner Tool

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 214
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

That article says:

It should also be noted that there were, in fact, technical issues that were affecting Keyword Planner over the past few weeks. Those issues are now confirmed as resolved, but the restrictions are here to stay.

The technical question that everybody is asking is: how much money do you want from me?? And yes, I consider it to be a technical question as it pertains to the functionality of the site.

In order for me to publish this post, it's requiring me to complete a CAPTCHA. I asked a long time ago in this thread why a CAPTCHA isn't a viable solution to the technical question: how do we prevent all these bots from overloading the system?

And @Steve B, none of us are naive enough to believe that we are getting anything from Google for free. They are buying our data. They are buying our information. We use these "free" tools in exchange for our privacy. When we accept the Terms and Conditions, we agree that that's a fair price. And it's more than that, when you set up a new Gmail account, there are ads in your Inbox! You can go into the settings and turn it off, but advertising dollars are at play here, as well. 

But we are not believing that Google is giving us anything for free. We might be dumb, but we're not stupid!

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 215
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helen G - exactly. The principle of "you gotta spend money to make money" applies to every business, even Google

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 216
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am fully agreed with Cyrus. The data we can see now within varied values are not that much effective in terms of figuring out the importance of each keyword.

It should be same to show complete volume of searches each keyword has. I have been experiencing difficulties to do Keyword Research and to analyze the right keywords that we should target where it's quite tough now. Now I prefer using other tools ahrefs, seumrush, wordstream, spyfu etc

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 217
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Agree tottotally 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 218
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I thought Google was smarter than that.  By applying a limit on AdWords before you can see the true search data will only chase away the small local business, since they don't have the budget to trigger the threshold level for full data. 

Secondly, the global or national advertisers can completely bypass Googles keyword by using free services as Keywords Everywhere, and have the same global or nationwide results.

The only thing the Keyword tool is good for is local search results, because it allows you to see results for cities without a geo modifier in the keyword.  That is a very powerful feature, however it is only used by local business.  And since local business usually have a very limited small budget, they will never trigger the full data threshold level (what ever that is).  This will cause small business to shy away from Googles services. 

Google is abandoning their original business model which is to attract customers with free and valuable features which was implemented by the original visionary company founders.  Now that vision and company goal is sabotaged by accountants who just see maximum profit for the next quarter.  

I for one just cancelled my Adwords account just to get the sour taste out of my mouth.  Cheers.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 219
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HELP!!  How am I supposed to make bids if I cant figure out the keyword volume???

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 220
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Help! I can not create good campaigns without being able to do the keyword research. When will you stop blocking us from seeing the monthly volume instead of ranges?

Experts in the Topic
Archit
Lakatos
CassieH