Stay up-to-date on the latest AdWords features and changes
Guide Me
star_border

Re: Updates to the Keyword Planner Tool

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 151
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi All,

I have just spoken to a customer service manger from the Australia support help desk. They have advised me that there must be continuous activity in your google ad-words campaign (clicks and campaigns running) for a minimum of 3-4 months continuous in order to gain focused keyword results. If you are seeing a range 10-100 or 100-1k or 1k -10k its likely your adwords account does not have an active campaign or has not had continuous campaigns or clicks.

This change is likely to put a stop to new SEO companies appearing in the SEO market so rapidly due to the requirements to have an active campaign prior to picking up new clients and delivering them accurate ROI or search results. It also leaves those who are doing Organic SEO with no choice but to start a paid campaign to utilize the keyword planner service.

In every way I consider this change by Google to be a money grab rather than a 'security / keyword flooding' countermeasure. It seems now anything related to google and their search engine is becoming monetized which may lead the way for Bing to recapture a market share. (essentially the timing is right now)

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 152
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I don't have the time to read through all 16 pages of this topic, but I can only assume they are complaints about removing the details of this valuable tool. I'm a marketing consultant to many businesses, and although my personal AdWords spend is quite small, my collection of client's spend is worth $5K+ monthly. I use the Keyword Planner to help them strategically choose which words will be the most effective for their business, and you've taken that ability away from me (and others like me).

I'm a longtime Google supporter, but this is just an absolutely shameful move.

Community Manager
# 153
Community Manager

@Johnny G Are you having trouble accessing detailed Keyword Planner data in this active account? If so, it's likely due to a known technical issue that was flagged yesterday. The team is working on a fix for this.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 154
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Seriously - i am in the same boat. I work for a business that spends $10K+ a month in google adwords alone but my own personal niche websites spend is very small. I still use the tool for both the work place and my personal benefit but now limiting it to high revenue spenders without an actual dollar figure per month - it's so counter-productive.

You understand botters & the dark web will figure out this threshold and weigh the odds. All this does it put small business owners into the backseat and give the high-rollers the edge. Also think Celebird brought up google trends. Of course this is a great tool for SEO & content marketers (like myself) but in a local market, it's beyond subpar versus google keyword planner. Some shady SEO tools will just go over the threshold and then what? "Increase the monthly spending" says, Google. 

The scary thing is - Google didn't go for like a paid API solution like most companies would (ie: Moz or SEMRush). Giving a user the opt-in to pay to play. Instead you went the Las Vegas route and said "step right up and you might win a car!" Will it cost $300 this month or $3,000 to win that valuable SEO tool.  

The kicker to the whole fiasco is Google (and i'm not big on development) has API tutorials to help avid developers with keyword planner's API. You can't have your cake and eat it too, I say. (ref: https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/guides/first-api-call) 

I am sorry but it's kind-of a Failure To Launch concept. Google wants a solution? Either make a paid API solution before removing a free service or if it really is the bots causing the problem - Google can just tighten up the queries limitations per hour/day per IP. This is why it feels like a Squeeze play to us.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 155
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Johnny G, well said.

Cassie my account has 200-300 per month AUS spend almost continually over the past 3-4 months and I'm still locked to ranges Smiley Sad

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 156
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Looks like its fixed on my end Smiley Happy Well done! I can do my job again haha

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 157
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ad point 2: limited data view in the Keyword Planner

Is this going to be changed back or no? I was using Keyword Planner for better content optimization and understand how people think about what I am writing about. I just want to write not sell. I am really sad that it is no longer working.

Thank you for the answerSmiley Wink

Community Manager
# 158
Community Manager

@Lance C This sounds like it's related to the technical issue that surfaced this week. The engineering team is aware of this and working on a fix now.

@Pavel S This will not be changed. If you do not have an active campaign, you will no longer be able to access search volume data from the Keyword Planner Tool.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 159
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
We have over 50 active campaigns and running thousands of dollars in
adspend but are cut off from the search volume in the keyword tool. This is
creating a huge hardship in trying to pitch and sell new clients. Google
get your head out of the cloulds and fix this.

Andrew J. Lopez
Doctor Genius
Co-Founder/COO

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 160
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello. Maybe it will go without GAT
here its next tool keywordkeg.com
Experts in the Topic
Archit
Lakatos