Stay up-to-date on the latest AdWords features and changes
Guide Me
favorite_border

TrueView discovery ads

Rising Star
# 1
Rising Star

Hi AdWords Community, 

Today I am excited to introduce "TrueView video discovery ads", formerly known as "TrueView in-display ads" - a great format, which helps users to discover your brand content, while they're searching for something great to watch. 

So what's new apart from new name? Finally your videos would be able to apear on mobile search results and it's quite powerfull update since more than half of YouTube's Viewers are on mobile.

This format is a great way to engage with new potential customers who might be interested in your content. You would be charged only when someone will click to play the video, it means that you would pay for customers, which are interested in your content. 

Want more information? Check more details on the Inside AdWords blog.

Cheers, Alexey
LinkedIn
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: TrueView discovery ads

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Thanks, Alexey! I'm excited to see what people think of this new feature.

Level 1
# 3
Level 1
Im getting ready to do my first ad campaign with YouTube Ads. This comes at the right time for me. ( I think )

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

@Lin R depending from your business model, you can choose several targeting methods to start with, first of all I am always testing remarketing audiences.

Cheers, Alexey
LinkedIn

Level 1
# 5
Level 1
Hello,
From the documentation, it's unclear what the new character limits are for ad headlines. It looks like I can type up to 100 characters, but only 27 or so will appear in search results. Could you provide a list of how many characters will appear in each placement?
Thank you!
Sean

Level 1
# 6
Level 1
I dont know the answer to this but I believe 27 or so appear in search results so he recommends not to use all the 100 available. I guess I would use about 50 so perhaps diffrent viewing platforms might see more of my headline or title.

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

@Sean W I think you are reffering to this article: 

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2679940?hl=en

100 is current character limit for the headline. Depending from device and placement viewers will see different amount of characters so I would suggest to create longer headlines. You can preview how it looks on different placments when you would be creating ad: 

0bd98-clip-220kb.png

I prefer to create several variations and let system test different ads displaying the most effective ones after some time. 

Cheers, Alexey
LinkedIn

TrueView discovery ads

Level 1
# 8
Level 1

More information and Specs here: https://support.google.com/displayspecs/answer/6227733

Experts in the Topic
Alexey C
CassieH