2.5K members online now
Stay up-to-date on the latest AdWords features and changes
Guide Me
star_border

New reports arrive to help you increase store visits

Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Consumers are increasingly turning to mobile as a “door-to-the-store.” In fact, 76% of people who search for something nearby on their smartphone visit a related business within a day, and 28% of those searches result in a purchase. While holiday shoppers are making their lists and checking them twice, new distance and location reports are coming soon to help marketers understand where your store visits come from.

First, new distance reporting shows store visits based on how far away people are from your store when they search. For example, if your store visit rate is highest within 1 mile of a store, you could apply targeting around that specific radius. You could then set higher bids for nearby consumers and show them specialized ads like “Get up to 50% off in-store with holiday doorbuster deals until noon!” Store visits distance reporting is available now for Search campaigns and will be rolling out to Shopping campaigns soon.

Store visits performance is also coming soon to geographic and user locations reports. This will allow you to see which geographic areas are driving the most ad clicks that result in a store visit. For example, are ads in Los Angeles and London contributing the most store visits? Use this insight to decide whether to increase your budget and bidding investment in those areas. To learn more about store visits, visit the Help Center and read best practices for turning this data into actionable insights to drive more foot traffic to your business locations.

Holiday Store Visits 2.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Let us know if you have any questions!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Cassie -- Great info. Thank you. Do you know of any plans for store visit conversions to be made available to smaller businesses that only have a few locations (or just one) and smaller monthly ad spends? Or will it always be limited to larger chains/advertisers because of the nature of the data collection?

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager

@Daniel K Good question! Glad to hear you're interested in this feature. Since this is brand new, there aren't yet plans to expand store visits beyond businesses with multiple locations. However, this is something the product team will be considering as they review the results of this first iteration of store visits.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Where can I see a roadmap for these features @CassieH?

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager

@Bryce H We don't have a roadmap of future features to share, but you can stay up to date by following this board and following @AdWords on social media!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello@CassieH sry fr the dumbo question here...Smiley Sad but may I know how google knows that if one searched for something and later visited the store physically?? 

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager

@Sagar P Not a dumb question! Millions of users have opted into sharing their location with Google as part of signed-in location history. This, along with other opted-in data sources, allows us to generate anonymous, aggregated statistics for store visits.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @CassieH,

We have store visits conversions enabled for our account, however I do not yet see them as an available metric within either of these reports, distance or geographic/user locations.

I am able to view the distance report, however after adding "All conversions" I cannot segment by conversion name/source to view store visits, nor can I add a custom column.

Also you stated "Store visits performance is also coming soon to geographic and user locations reports." Should this be available now? In our user location report, I have same issue with being unable to segment by conversion name/source to view store visits, nor can I add a custom column.

thanks,
Dan

Community Manager
# 10
Community Manager

Hi @Dan B, You should be able to access the distance report by going to the Dimensions tab in your account > View: Distance. From there, be sure to add the column with the conversion name for your store visits conversion.

The geographic and user location reports are still coming soon, and will be rolling out to advertisers on an ongoing basis.

Hope this helps!
Cassie