1.1K members online now
Stay up-to-date on the latest AdWords features and changes
Guide Me
star_border

New Feature: Price Extensions

Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Yesterday we announced a new ad extension called Price Extensions which are tailor-made for mobile text ads. This extension allows you to show multiple lines of text below your ad which highlight the prices of your key products or services.

Price Extensions - Rows_framed.png

This feature will be rolling out to all AdWords accounts over the coming days. So if you don’t see this feature in your Ad Extensions tab yet, you will soon.

For a step-by-step guide to setting up these extensions on your own mobile text ads, check out our Price Extensions Help Center guide.

If you have any questions or feedback about this new feature, please post a response below! We’d love to hear from you.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: New Feature: Price Extensions

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Very Cool!

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
All the examples show "from $xxxx", and I would go with that if it suits.

It isn't obvious, but you can also enter specific prices if you prefer. Then it becomes a pseudo Google Shopping ad. (Well, I think you can, still waiting for my first to be approved)

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I have an e-commerce account with 2500 products. I used Ad Sitelink extensions to display exact prices before. Where is the bulk upload function for Price Extensions so I can match each product group with appropriate price extensions?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks..Nice information..

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Awesome update by google adwords.

It will definitely increase CTR of the ads coming on top slots and more competition!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Cassie,

Thank you for the update. I am very excited about this extension.

There is however one thing that gets me worried. As it is recommended to use 5 to 8 lines, I can imagine that the organic results will be suffering quite a bit from the extension. Could we be seeing the extensions as a dropdown menu? I can sure imagine that this has already been considered, and I would love to hear what has been discussed and what we could expect.

Thanks in advance.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
@sierrd - it looks like only 3 lines will be shown. Google would be suggesting that you make more so that they can be rotated and suggested.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Rob.

I'd also be curious what would be deciding factor when rotation would be the case and what we could do to have an influence on that. I suppose the uneven number is suggested because of mobile. They are not going to show two by two as would be the case with sitelinks on desktop.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have tried these out for my clients - all automotive dealerships - none have been approved. I was told they weren't approved because they land on lead generation pages - not a page dedicated to selling the vehicles. I imagine in the example above - they are not actively selling a haircut online - that's probably a booking tool. Seems to be the same thing to me.

Has anyone had any luck getting these approved for a client that is not retail?