5.2K members online now
Stay up-to-date on the latest AdWords features and changes
Guide Me
star_border

Charges and your daily budget

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Yesterday Google announced that "To help you hit your advertising goals, your campaigns can now spend up to twice your average daily budget". Twitter immediately went into a firestorm over the announcement. I thought I would get all of your opinions on this new update from Google and see how you feel it will impact you and your clients.Screen Shot 2017-10-06 at 10.12.26 AM.pngI would love to hear your thoughts.

Mike Blackmore - 1 Click Away From a Conversion
3 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

And here is the associated help page link: 

* **  Charges and your daily budget   ***

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704443

All comments and thoughts are welcome in this topic.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

In addition to the link share by @Lakatos, I would share another thread with discussions on the same topic.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

With this change, can we expect that we will see another budgeting option in the near future as well? Because, with the new overdelivery the concept of "daily budget" is not really "daily budget" anymore. So if I understand it correctly, if I set a daily budget of $300, AdWords will not charge my account more than $9120 for that month ($300 * 30.4), even though some days might spend $600 and some $100. But if I change the daily budget in the middle of the month, and AdWords has already overdelivered for the first half, how will this affect the monthly spend? Considering a few of those days in the beginning of the month might have spent $500-600 and planned on compensating a lower spend for the second half of the month.

Experts in the Topic
Archit
Mike Blackmore
Lakatos