Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

AdWords Conversion Import for Salesforce

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

7 Tips for Getting Started with the New AdWords Conversion Import for Salesforce

Today we announced a new feature, AdWords Conversion Import for Salesforce. This update will let you import and measure the value of offline conversions such as qualifying a lead or closing a sale.

You can read the Inside AdWords blog post for full details about this announcement, and use the Help Center guide for technical details.

1. Understand how it works.

After set-up, people who click an ad to reach your website will be identified with a GCLID. That GCLID will then be passed to Salesforce if the visitor submits a lead form, and any future activity or milestones you choose to track will also be linked with that GCLID and, therefore, ad click.

unnamed-3.png

2. Decide what counts as a conversion.

When you configure your AdWords account and Salesforce to work together, you can choose to have AdWords record a conversion for any or all lead statuses or opportunity stages.

3. Understand what won’t count as a conversion.

Remember that if a Salesforce user skips a status or stage and sets the lead to the next or last one, AdWords will not record a conversion for the skipped stages.

4. Familiarize yourself with the data sharing policy.

No AdWords data is shared with Salesforce during this process. Instead, this is an import of some Salesforce data into AdWords. You can review the full details on the Help Center.

5. Make sure you have sufficient privileges.

Before starting the linking process, make sure you have sufficient privileges. The person linking the accounts needs to have Salesforce access that includes permissions to start importing conversions.

6. Consider optimization from the beginning.

Additional data is not useful if you don’t decide what to do with it. Think about how you will use this conversion value information to pause or prioritize keywords, campaigns, and ad groups, or to customize your campaigns settings around time, location, and device.

7. You’ll need an invitation.

This solution is available by invitation only for the next few months, but will become available for all advertisers later this year. You can request an invitation by contacting your Google Sales rep or submitting your information here.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords Conversion Import for Salesforce

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
If you have any questions, please post below and we'll be happy to help.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Cassie,

We're actually using this integration successfully now, but it has one major downside.

Basically, with the "true" conversion count in Salesforce now being imported to Adwords, google analytics is kept "out of the loop" and thus we lose out on all sorts of useful functionality, like multi channel conversion reporting, retargeting, etc.

Is there any way to sync adwords conversions INTO analytics? Or salesforce into analytics, similar to this report?

This might be outside your scope, but I was thinking if we captured the analytics user id in a salesforce profile, we could use it as the key to upload offline conversions into analytics (just the same as the gclid serves as the connection between adwords and salesforce). But then analytics would need to be able to backtrack that info to the original session from adwords, so it could associate it with campaign/keyword/etc data.

That's just one complicated potential solution, if you happen to know of any others I'd love to know. Not having multi channel funnel reporting is a massive problem for us.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Greetings.  I've followed the detailed steps and changed Lead Status in Salesforce but continue to receive message "No Recent Conversions" after import.  We track field history, accounts are linked and active, etc.  Any ideas on where to look next? Thanks in advance. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Cassie.

I connected Salesforce with AdWords and started importing conversion data.

If I navigate to "Tools", "Conversions" I am able to see the amount of Salesforce conversions. 

Unfortunately I can't find a way to figure out which campaigns or adgroups respectively keywords generated those conversions. 

Is it possible to have this insight in the standard campaign dashboard by simply adding a new column with this specific type of conversion?  

I realized by creating a report I am able to add a column with the specific type of conversion from Salesforce. Unfortunately in this view the amount of conversion is 0. 

Looking forward to your input.

Best regards

Alon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Cassie - 

I've been working with a client to set up this integration. When I try to import the conversions in AdWords I get an error that says the import failed and that I need to check to make sure AdWords and Salesforce is still linked. I go to the linked accounts page and it says the accounts are linked. We've tried unlinking and linking the accounts and still am not having any success. Do you know why I might be getting this error?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hej @Erin D, @CassieH and all others, I have the same problem. The accounts are linked but when I start the import there is a notice that they are not linked. Do you have a possible solution, already?

Best regards,

Britta

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Casey, I am trying to import salesforce data with Sandbox - can this be used instead of a SaleForce login?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

tks U, it so good