AdWords
2.5K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

website rebuild

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello
im about to transfer my domain from my current provider to godaddy and im not gonna gost my website with them i would have wix to host it but i have a website which is currently running and has adwords

my question is how do i setup adwords to a new one
Note that the website name stays the same 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
June 2017

website rebuild

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

If the domain and URL's don't change, you don't have to do anything. If the URL's do change, then just edit the URL of the ads (and sitelinks, etc.).

Tom

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
June 2017

website rebuild

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

If the domain and URL's don't change, you don't have to do anything. If the URL's do change, then just edit the URL of the ads (and sitelinks, etc.).

Tom

Re: website rebuild

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Some pages will be deleted and some new ones will be added
But how do i change them in Adwords if i havent put them ?? Isn't Adwords
advertis the website (domain) not the pages ????

website rebuild

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Nope, other way around - Each ad has it's own destination URL, and you can use whatever page of the website you want for each ad. Unless you are talking about AdWords Express. In that case, it's still the same domain, so as long as the domain doesn't change, you're good.

Just make sure you setup redirects for any removed pages, and you shouldn't have any problems. If you were using a removed page as a destination URL, then you can change that by editing the ads in the ads tab.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375287?co=ADWORDS.IsAWNCustomer%3Dfalse&hl=en

Tom

website rebuild

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply

yes im talking about Adwords express and i cant edit anything like Adwords (not express) so am i all set i dont have to worry about it or must i do something before or after i fully change my password (my domain name remain the same)

website rebuild

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

You should be good to go, as far as AdWords is concerned. 

Tom

website rebuild

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you 

i appreciate your help