AdWords
2.4K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

seller ratings question

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I consult for a company who has met the minimum criteria for seller ratings (30 reviews in the last year with a 3.5 star rating or greater) and the reviews are currently seen on https://www.google.com/shopping/seller?q=website.com but I can't seem to get them to show in ads. I know sometimes it takes 2-6 weeks for Google to show the extensions but it's been a long time The company is a rehab center & I'm wondering if rehab centers are excluded from achieving Google seller ratings? 

Any insight would be great

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marketing N
July 2016

Re: seller ratings question

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Correct; drug rehab is a restricted service, depending on the country targeted (i.e. This service is regulated. Hence has to comply with local regulations to be promoted on Google)
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Read here;
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704420?hl=en
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Marketing N,

You don't have seller ratings turned off in your campaigns do you? There are options to opt-in and out of automated extensions.

automatedext.png

Also, Do you have just 30 reviews or more and are they actual reviews or just star ratings? I worked with a client in the service business and we worked quickly to gain the required number of reviews etc...but found that they needed to be more than just the star reviews, there needed to be an accompanying written review as well.

I also know that once we really hit the correct threshold, it was a few weeks before I saw data in my Automated Extensions reports.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Confirmed, seller ratings are not turned off and all automated extensions are activated. Looking at keywords for "drug rehab" and "rehab centers in [location]", I'm not seeing any businesses with seller ratings making me think that Google simply does not allow for seller ratings for these types of keywords?

Is that a possibility? I haven't heard that before nor have I seen a list ever of companies who are ineligble - have you seen this?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marketing N
July 2016

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Correct; drug rehab is a restricted service, depending on the country targeted (i.e. This service is regulated. Hence has to comply with local regulations to be promoted on Google)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Is there a way to apply to be not-restricted that you know of?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Marketing N;

Not that I am aware of.... Sorry.