AdWords
1.6K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

remarketing and subdomains

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am running a Search campaign now.  I would like to set up a Remarketing campaign too.

But I am using a third party landing page service for all my Search clicks.  To ensure that my clicks get added to my Remarketing list, I have created a subdomain for the landing page so our website URL appears in the landing page URL.

Am I right that this will make sure my clicks get added to my Remarketing list?  I have also added the Remarketing tag to the landing page itself.  Please advise.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: remarketing and subdomains

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
If I got you correctly, you added the tag to a landing page which you were (and still is) authorized to access. In order to run a re-marketing campaign you must have access to the code on the landing page, and set the campaign on your account;
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: remarketing and subdomains

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, I have added the remarketing tag to our website (all pages) and to the dedicated landing page (on the 3rd party service). It might have been overkill.
I want to be sure everyone who clicks on our search campaign and goes to the landing page will be added to my remarketing list.
As I mentioned, I also put the code on my landing page which uses a subdomain URL. My thinking was that the subdomain had the website URL so clicks would be recorded as a website visit, not just a 3rd party landing page visit.
It might be that placing on the landing page was all I had to do.