AdWords
2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

"Request a refund" links to "system down for maintenance"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I cancelled one of my AdWords accounts, clicked the link to request a refund, and I just keep getting this: https://www.google.com/errors/awfe/system_down.html

"AdWords Advertising Program
Thank you for your interest in advertising with Google. We apologize for any inconvenience, but the AdWords system is temporarily down for maintenance. Please try again in a few minutes.

Google"

I did wait a few minutes, and tried again, and again and again, and I still get that error page. There is a sum of money that needs to be refunded, as I made an initial payment when setting up manual payments but spent none of it and ran 0 campaigns.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Cristina,

have you tried in incognito window?

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Please log out from all Google accounts and then clear your web browser cache, cookies and history also. Then try again log-in to your Adwords account to give a try.

OR

You can also try to log-in on some other browser or Incognito mode. Further, you can try to open your account on another computer (if you have) or on your mobile device.

Highlighted

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just did, same result.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I tried in incognito mode and got the same error page. I also tried in a different browser and still got the same result. I basically copied the link address and pasted in the nav bar in incognito and the other browser. If I log out the "request a refund" link will no longer be available, I tried to find it in the second browser in the account I cancelled and it wasn't there. So I'd rather not log out and clear cookies & cache and everything.

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Maybe some browser extension/antivirus blocking something to load. You may need to disable some browser extensions/antivirus since some are incompatible with Google services.

You have an option to speak with local support team over the phone. Please select your country from the drop-down menu on below link to see the support number and working timings. Give support team a call on their working timings to get the better help:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/7218750

You also have an option to call United States support number (for worldwide support) +1-866-246-6453 (Monday-Friday, from 09:00 AM to 08:00 PM (EST), English & Spanish).

Further, you can fill the below form to request a callback or email reply.

(link edited)

https://support.google.com/adwords/contact/billing_none

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the info Sunil27, I filled in the form, hopefully someone will get back to me. If not, I'll try calling tomorrow.

Regarding extensions - I don't have any extensions running in incognito mode, so that shouldn't be the problem.

Do you know how long the "request a refund" link stays active? If I keep the link address and try again tomorrow, what are the chances that it will work?

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Cristina M

Don't worry if you call them then they will request a refund from their end and give you the confirmation. I never tried but I believe if you account is logged in then the link will work. Same links work for every account, only account needs to be logged in.

If link expires also then also they have bank transfer request form. Read more about refund process and on below link after selecting your country from the drop-down menu.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1703646?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Sunil27. I couldn't get it to work in the end, but I did receive an email that the refund has been initiated and should be completed within a week. So, something must have worked although I couldn't say what.

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Cristina M

If you received an email then surely you have proof that the refund already initiated. Email may also contain some reference number for future communication.

Usually, all refund initiated within 1 week and additional time from your bank to credit to your account. If you are outside the USA then it can take up to 2 weeks then bank time to credit the amount.

And, thanks for updating here.