AdWords
2.6K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

"Read Only" access at the MCC level?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Why in the name of God does AdWords not offer a "Read Only" access at the MCC level?

Does anyone know if there is a strategic reason for doing this? We link to A LOT of accounts for audits and many of them only want to provide read only access so we must create an email alias each time. It's a real pain. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
February 2016

Re: "Read Only" access at the MCC level?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Ross F;

Since my agency also audits accounts  I can understand the frustration... I also have a long list of Gmail accounts created for the single goal of reviewing / auditing accounts. Smiley Surprised

Now; the solution is setting another MCC at a lower level than the top MCC and grant this MCC  a read only access. ("The access level assigned to a user of a manager account grants the user the same level of access to all AdWords accounts the manager account is linked to.")

Ihttps://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6139186

If you stick to the "old way", then  Google is aware of the issue and hopefully a solution is on the horizon.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
February 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Ross F;

Since my agency also audits accounts  I can understand the frustration... I also have a long list of Gmail accounts created for the single goal of reviewing / auditing accounts. Smiley Surprised

Now; the solution is setting another MCC at a lower level than the top MCC and grant this MCC  a read only access. ("The access level assigned to a user of a manager account grants the user the same level of access to all AdWords accounts the manager account is linked to.")

Ihttps://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6139186

If you stick to the "old way", then  Google is aware of the issue and hopefully a solution is on the horizon.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sorry to jump in. Can you please explain how to give lower MCC read-only? I tried doing that, by inviting another MCC owner as read-only from my MCC. But when the other users tries to accept the invitation, he/she sees an error saying that this account is already linked to maximum number of other adwors account.

Basically, what I am trying to do is get read-only access to my Client's MCC to generate some reports using API. Client is not willing to give admin access or share API credentials.

I posted this question in Adwords API forum, but doesn't seem to help. And I apologize again to jump in.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
If the account is linked to the max number of AdWords accounts - nothing much to do but to open a new Google account. (Google also has some technical limitation.... Smiley Surprised )

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your reply. It took me some time to figure out how many of the client accounts, that are linked to us, are MCC accounts. I found that there are only two of them as MCC. As per adwords documentation (https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/guides/managing-accounts#manager_account_limits), the limits are very high and we are no where close to them.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just trying to set this up.  So if I understand right, if I create a sub MCC account underneath my primary with read-only access - and when I request access to a CID from the subaccount it should grant my primary MCC account read-only access to that CID?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.