AdWords
2.2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

products with inappropriate images

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This has really annoyed me today. 

I've had a disapproval warning for policy or data violation: inappropriate images. I couldn't see what was wrong so I went through the product image, no watermarks or anything. I asked AdWords support to discover the reason for this is because the logo is displayed on the item, the logo Dainese. search results for Dainese 1 piece suit 

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=dainese+1+piece+suit&oq=dainese+1+p&aqs=chrome.0.0j69i57j0l4.7165j...

In other words, all of these products are violating the policy! I can see Dainese being happy with this! How are companies like Nike, Adidas, Reebok etc... going to deal with this! How can removing the logo offer a good user experience? This is a quote from support "the policy is only in place to keep the playing field level and make sure that the client's only get targeted appropriately"

Can anyone shed some light on this? Google doesn't tell you every item which has been affected only a selected few but can suspend the account but doesn't tell you how to fix the problems!  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Nathan,

This would be a automated disapproval (bots aren't perfect) and usually talking to AdWords support resolves it. I would contact them again and speak to someone different.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, I will try speaking to someone else and update this