AdWords
5.8K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

phone number not verified

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google sent an email saying that my ad was not running because, "Unverified phone number: We couldn't verify the phone number that you provided for your ad. If you provided a phone number verification URL while setting up your ad, it needs to have the same domain as the visible URL on your ad. The phone number on your ad must be legibly present on the webpage that the verification URL points to. If you haven't provided a phone number verification URL, then the phone number on your ad must be legibly present on a page within your website." It said I could link the AdWords account with Google Analytics (it appears I already did this), or add a tracking code snippet to the lading page (maybe only works for ecommerce sites? We don't do ecommerce on our website). Our phone number is verified with Google My Business, so I don't know what the problem is. When I called the AdWords support line yesterday, they told me everything was working fine. I got the email late yesterday that my ad is not running. How to fix?

1 Expert replyverified_user

phone number not verified

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

You Call Extensions Phone Should appear on Webpage in Text format. Then you will not get this error.

Thanks,

Anand

Re: phone number not verified

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Swings Billiards E,

There are various ways to verify the phone number.

These are:

• Display the number on your site(Text)
  • Prove you own the domain(linking your Google Search Console and AdWords accounts or by adding your unique AdWords conversion tracking tag or remarketing tag to your website.)
  • Edit your location extension(from Google My Business)

For your reference: Fix Unverified phone number

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’