2.1K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me

personal account to business account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I have personal account in Ad words. I am marketing manager of the company also. Before me, Ad word was supported by outsourcing company, and now I would like to see all activities. I asked company to add me to the account as an admin, but they cant, as they explaned this is the problem of my account type. I need to change it from personal account to business account. I read a lot articles but still no results. Please give me the useful help to solve my problem.

Thank you in advanced 

1 Expert replyverified_user

personal account to business account

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Giorgi K,

When you create a Google Account, you use it for personal and business needs. To expand on this, Google Business Products are G Suite, which are upgraded products like Google Cloud, Google Drive, Google Docs, Apps, etc... but G Suite items have absolutely nothing to do with accessing, managing or using Google AdWords, which is a separate product altogether. 

Since you are a marketing manager that has one personal AdWords account and now want to access another, I would suggest that you create a free AdWords Manager Account. This will allow you to manage many AdWords accounts in one UI (dashboard). 

To do this, you should first create a fresh, new email address that you will then use to create a new Google Account and only use this to setup the AdWords Manager Account. Once this is done, you can connect your personal AdWords account and then connect your company's AdWords account... and any others in the future, too. 

Google AdWords Manager Account

Please note that this info will help you utilize this great product.

Google Account

Please note that you can use any email address (not just gmail) to create a Google Account.

You will also want to learn more about adding users to AdWords (use the info for Manager account) and the different permissions of those users.

With this info, there is no reason why you cannot gain access to the company's AdWords account... unless that outsourcing company simply refuses to make it happen. The info in this post covers everything... and then some. 

Kind Regards,

Google AdWords Top Contributor | Google Partner | GYBO | Local Guide | My Profile