my ads disapproved for site not working
I have recently made a number of changed to my long standing account and now my ads appear not to be showing, although
data is still accumulating on the account.
Our adwords account has worked well over several years and to be honest I have the attitude of "if it aint broken don't fix it". I could see I really needed to take advantage of ad extensions so I added several at the account level - then to the campaign and then the adgroups.
Because we have several websites (different domains) they all have had various campaigns over the years, but now I realise by adding site links at the account level I have created a conflict with those other domain. Even though my adds are approved I can infact have different domains within the one ad. The domain the ad points to and the domain the sitelinks point to.
Firstly, how do I maintain the sitelinks I have created at the campaign and adgroup level if I remove the ad extensions from the account level?
Could this be the reason Adwords is telling me that my ads are not showing ?
Re: my ads disapproved for site not working
It does sound like you've created conflicts that will prevent your ads from showing.
In general, if your want one AdWords account to serve several different websites, it's best to make certain that the advertising for the different websites is restricted to separate campaigns. This includes sitelinks and other ad extensions.
If you're still advertising multiple domains, I recommend that you remove the existing sitelinks that were set at the account level and create new sitelinks at the campaign level, making sure the domain in the URLs matches the domain the ads are using. This will reset the data to zero, but it's the best solution.
If you're currently advertising only one domain and do not intend to advertise any of the others ever again, you can edit the existing sitelinks to change the domain to match the one in your ads.
Google AdWords Top Contributor