AdWords
2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

move account between 2 mcc

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My companies manages a lot of accounts and we have several MCCs, one for each of our management teams. I want to move a set of accounts from one MCC to another MCC. I've sent the invitation to the accounts from the new MCC. However when I log into the old MCC and click into the account and view the invitations in the account access page, it only ever says "pending" , it doesn't give me an option to accept the invitation to move to the new MCC. Does this mean I need an "individual" login to each account just to accept the invitation to move it to the new MCC?

thanks in advance for your help.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: move account between 2 mcc

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi LJ,

A user with administrative access on the invited account should be able to accept the invitation from Account Settings section under the gear icon. If the invited account is an optional login account, which doesn’t have any administrative users, an administrative user on the manager account that created the optional login account can accept the invitation from within the invited account. Then, you can select Account access from the side navigation and click Accept invitation.

You can find a full walkthrough under "Link an existing AdWords account" section of the page here.

Does this help?
Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply. Maybe further clarification is in order. We're not seeing an "accept invitation" button for some of the accounts we want to move when logged into their current MCC, just a "pending" notification. I'm guessing this means that the customer has an admin login somewhere for this specific account that can see this "accept invitation" button. Unfortunately since we have 1000's of accounts we don't have individual admin level logins for each account.
Can you confirm that "only" if there is NO Administrative login (i.e. the account is an optional login account) will we be able to see and accept the invitation to move to a different MCC from the current MCC managing the account?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Lj,
This is to clear you that you can accept/decline the request only if you have administrative access whether MCC or Child Account.
In case if any account is created by MCC i.e only MCC has the administrative access to a particular account then you can accept the invitation only with the help of MCC .

And if you want to make independent access of an account created by MCC then first give access(administrative) to a dummy account from MCC then from that dummy account remove the access of MCC (as that dummy account has the Administrative Access Now).

Account without administrative access is not eligible to accept/decline invitations.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply Archit,
Yes we have a login to the MCC with administrative access. What's strange is we needed to move 7 accounts and 5 of them worked fine giving us the button to accept the invitation but 3 of them never gave us the button to accept. We haven't been able to figure out why these 3 accounts should behave differently so we've referred this to Google Support. We'll let you know how that turns out.
LJ

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
sure. Hopefully your issue will get solved soon.
The scenario could be like this:
May be out of those 5 accounts which already have been added successfully, 1 is MCC and the remaining accounts are also MCCs which you are unable to add. As you can only link 1 MCC to a MCC account.
This could be a situation due to which you are unable to access.
But whatever be the issue, you will definitely get a solution from the support.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’