AdWords
2.3K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

looking into an ad account without consent

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are a small agency managing a large account and a big bully competing agency trying to break into the business seems to know everything about our account - performance, numbers etc etc. 

I have a feeling that someone from Google who apparently have access to look into any account has been sharing this information to the big competing agency. Is this legit? How could Google allow for such a thing to happen? 

Thanks for any help.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
September

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

There are also plenty of third party platforms that allow you to look at other people's accounts - such as keywords, ad copy etc. This is legit - for a monthly subscription. Much of your ad activity is there to be looked at if someone wants to - don't assume it's Google. 

But @James_Clemens is right - you should check who has access to the account and remove anyone who you no longer need to have access, and change the passwords to be on the safe side.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Krishna p,

That should not be happening via Google and it is possible that it is happening in another way... like an employee of yours or someone with log in ability to the email account associated with your accounts. 

You should verify no one is added as a user to the AdWords account, the AdWords Manager Account... and audit the Google email account (and any associated). I would also change passwords for all associated Google email accounts. 

Kind Regards,

James

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
September

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

There are also plenty of third party platforms that allow you to look at other people's accounts - such as keywords, ad copy etc. This is legit - for a monthly subscription. Much of your ad activity is there to be looked at if someone wants to - don't assume it's Google. 

But @James_Clemens is right - you should check who has access to the account and remove anyone who you no longer need to have access, and change the passwords to be on the safe side.