AdWords
5.9K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

keyword status showing limited by budget

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Team,

The status showing "limited by budget" on all my campaign, ad group and (partial)keywords. Once i made bid change, even in a lower price, the keyword status updates as eligible, and i fresh the adwords page by pressing F5, the status will roll back to limited by budget.

I have pretty sufficient budget for the rest of the day,  when i click the dialog mark beside "limited by budget", it says the ads are not showing.

Please help me,

Unnamed QQ Screenshot20170315201721.png

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ryan M
March 2017

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

I re-read the question...

>>" I have pretty sufficient budget for the rest of the day,  when i click the dialog mark beside "limited by budget", it says the ads are not showing."

Again limited by budge is not based on a single day performance. It's a statistical algorithm taking into account performances during  the past days and also  hourly breakdown.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Ryan M,

I would recommend you to use the ad preview and diagnosis tool to get the real time status of your ads.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, @Archit

Thank you for prompt response, I did run the diagnosis for some of the keywords, they are showing perfectly.

Obviously Adwords is giving wrong information, donno why this is happening.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I would trust the ad preview and diagnosis tool as it is real time.

The status on the AdWords UI are not real time and may take few hours to get updated.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Limited by budget means that when the system looks at the performance during the last few days (if I recall 7 days,) impressions were limited and restricted by budget.

An easy way to test that is to look at the lost impression share due to budget.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/7103314

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Archit
It has been 2 + days, same status still,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@MosheTLV

thanks, but i don't think you've read thru my question.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ryan M
March 2017

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

I re-read the question...

>>" I have pretty sufficient budget for the rest of the day,  when i click the dialog mark beside "limited by budget", it says the ads are not showing."

Again limited by budge is not based on a single day performance. It's a statistical algorithm taking into account performances during  the past days and also  hourly breakdown.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks to both of you guys. The system just updated everything to eligible this morning.

Yet still i dont think this is a good design.