AdWords
2.6K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

incorrect telephone number appearing in our google adword campaign

Not applicable
# 1
Not applicable

For our paid google adverts for some reason when these adverts appear on desktops it shows the below telephone number -

0151 541 8811

We dont know where this telephone number has come from and is not linked to our company. In our campaign settings we have used the "Call extension" function but we have added the correct telephone number 0151 525 9880

Please can you advise as if a customer rings the number ending 8811 the telephone number doesn't work and is not linked to our company?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author
July

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@

did you try ringing the 8811 number?  I'm thinking what you are seeing is most likely a Google forwarding number used for tracking purposes.  When it is dialed, it should ring the 9880 number you programmed as the call extension.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author
July

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@

did you try ringing the 8811 number?  I'm thinking what you are seeing is most likely a Google forwarding number used for tracking purposes.  When it is dialed, it should ring the 9880 number you programmed as the call extension.

Not applicable
# 3
Not applicable

thanks you are right, so stupid didn't even think of trying it! Sorry another question but could you advise when the same google adverts appear on mobiles it does show our actual landline number 0151 525 9980?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

@

Do you have the location extension enabled as well? If so, that's the most likely reason.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

On mobiles it will show your actual number, but when you click on the ad it will dial Google's forwarding number.