AdWords
2.8K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

i signed up for google ad words with one email and phone number. I left the company.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I signed up using a email and phone number from my employer. I left the company so the email and phone number are longer valid. how do i get into the account? thank you

2 Expert replyverified_user

i signed up for google ad words with one email and phone number. I left the company.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Carl, sorry to hear you are having that issue with accessing the Google AdWords account. 

This is a business issue which you may would need to take up with Google. This forum is a mostly peer-to-peer support community and we are volunteers; we are not Google.  So we do not have access to your account, and cannot speak for or take action for Google.

You can reach Google AdWords support within the US at (866) 246-6453 M-F during business hours.

Best of luck, hth. 

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Carl C,

Anyhow you need to prove the ownership of the account associated with your email ID. 

Possible ways are phone verification or alternative email verification which you can't do, I think.

So, the other option is to consult with your agency.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Carl C,

As Steve and Archit has suggested, it is a request only Google AdWords support (or your previous employer) can help with. Keep in mind that Google takes privacy & security very seriously (which we all appreciate), so one cannot simply call and state they need access to an account and have it granted.

The agency is ultimately where the connect will happen... and is your easiest path to gain access to the AdWords account. Outside of them granting you access... my guess is that Google AdWords support is not going to be of help.

Please know that Google support will go to the employer (or the owner of the account) and report that you want access and have them go through a process to verify ownership of the account before taking any actions, as well.

Kind Regards,

James 

Re: i signed up for google ad words with one email and phone number. I left the company.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Can I just open a new account one on my own and start over? Tks

Sent from my iPhone

Re: i signed up for google ad words with one email and phone number. I left the company.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Can I just open a new account one on my own and start over? Tks

Sent from my iPhone

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Carl C,

Yes, you can start with a new AdWords account. 

Make sure that the ads from previous account are not active otherwise your new account will get suspended due to AdWords policy violation as "Gaining unfair advantage"

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’