2.6K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me

how to change ad words account to manager account

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to change an existing adwords account into a manager account. When I tried to start a manager account it said it conflicted with my initial account, but I am not sure how to upgrade or tie the two together.

how to change ad words account to manager account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Mary,

To link an existing AdWords account or another manager account to your manager account ,  

1. Obtain the AdWords Customer ID number (which appears in the top corner of AdWords account).
  2. Sign in to your manager account at
  3. Click the Accounts tab.
  4. Click the Performance sub-tab.
  5. Click the + Account button.
  6. Choose "Link existing accounts."
  7. Once you’ve reviewed the terms for linking accounts, enter the AdWords account's Customer ID number in the client accounts field. To link multiple accounts at once, enter one Customer ID per line.
  8. Click Continue, then Submit.
  9. When you click Submit, the AdWords account will receive an account notification and email that invites them to link to your account. Any user with administrative access on the invited account or on a linked manager account with administrative ownership can accept your invitation by clicking the gear icon, then selecting Account settings from the drop-down menu. Then, they’ll select Account access from the side navigation and click Accept invitation.
  10. During this process, you'll see a pending notification for the (soon-to-be) managed account in your manager account's "Pending invitations," which can be accessed from the side navigation. Once the invited account accepts your invitation, you'll receive an email confirmation and the account will be automatically linked to your manager account.

You can find more details here - Create an AdWords manager account

Thank You