AdWords
1.5K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

how do i challenge and stop google adword charges that are beingvbilled to my amex card

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i must have signed up for this but cant find a relevant account thatis using adwords

1 Expert replyverified_user

how do i challenge and stop google adword charges that are beingvbilled to my amex card

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Yinka B,

You can go to AdWords directly and see if your email logs you in. https://www.google.com/adwords/

And you can use this info to see the process to request a refund. You can use the contact us link (even if you did not wait four weeks) if you cannot locate any AdWords accounts with any of your email accounts. You can also try calling 866-246-6453, but they will possibly need a Google AdWords account number to assist. 

While you work on getting this sorted out, you could contact your credit card provider and ask them to stop processing charges to AdWords. This will not negate your responsibility to AdWords, since it will continue to incur charges until the next payment date of your billing cycle, but on that date, your card would get declined and account suspended (stopped).

You should have some emails somewhere from when the account was created.

Also, are you sure the charges are for AdWords? Did you know that Google charges can be from Google Apps, Google Domains and other products like this? Can you provide the Google email address shown on your statement for the charge?

All the Best,

James