AdWords
4.9K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

how can I come out of AdWord Campaign without completing the campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I signed in google AdWords and have started a campaign for my Website without knowing that what it is . And now I want to come out of that campaign because I want to use AdWord tool for my website's keyword selection but I am failed to come out without completing that campaign please help me to get rid of this problem . I want a solution as soon as possible kindly help me . I don't want to continue this campaign , tell me how to stop it and come to the AdWord home page.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
February 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there,

If you are stuck halfway through creating your first campaign, contact AdWords support and they can remove it for you.

Keep in mind that to use the Keyword Planner you will need an active campaign and billing details completed.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
February 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there,

If you are stuck halfway through creating your first campaign, contact AdWords support and they can remove it for you.

Keep in mind that to use the Keyword Planner you will need an active campaign and billing details completed.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Faaiz, 

You will not be charged unless you run any ad in your campaign. You can pause or remove the campaign if you are not ready yet. You can still use keyword planner and display runner but not the ad preview and diagnosis tool if your campaign is not active. 

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sakthi

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you ,
But are u saying that I can't use keyword planner without an active campaign??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a lot Sakthi,
 But I didn't complete the campaign yet , because I click on campaign by mistake. And now i want to come out without completing that. So if I'll have to complete the campaign and then pause or remove it or is there any other way to come out of it without completing the campaign . 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Faaiz, 

Do not worry. You will not be charged as you have not completed the campaign. Pausing or removing them is good enough. Yes, you can use keyword planner without an active campaign. Keyword planner will give you traffic pattern estimates based on other adwords advertisers.

I hope this helps.

Thank you,

Sakthi

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Changes last year in AdWords - you need an active campaign to use the Keyword Planner.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Google adwords clarified this confusion on twitter. They clarified that we can use keyword planner without active campaigns. Please check the Google Adwords' tweets within the article - https://www.searchenginejournal.com/significant-change-keyword-planner-google-restricts-access-adwor...

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Faaiz,

Let us know the result so we can clarify this. I'm just repeating what others have said here numerous times. Because I use an MCC, I never get to see this first hand.