AdWords
4.1K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

how can I add display url for app install ads in Editor?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does the editor support display URLs for app install ads?

I'm trying to change Final URLs and editor won't let me post unless that URL matches the display URL...the catch?  There is no display url field in the editor for app install ads (at least that I can see).

Any work around here without having to manually update via UI?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andrew C
September 2015

Re: how can I add display url for app install ads in Editor?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
> Does the editor support display URLs for app install ads?

It does, in a sense. The display URL for such ads must be either itunes.com or play.google.com/store (depending on whether the ad promotes an iOS or Android app), so Editor just fills it in automatically. The online interface does the same.

> I'm trying to change Final URLs

For what purpose? If you want to implement tracking, then that goes into tracking template. Final URL must correctly reflect the ultimate landing page - basically, the URL the user would see in the browser address bar after clicking on your ad.

> Any work around here without having to manually update via UI?

The online interface doesn't expose display URL for these ads, either - for the same reason.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andrew C
September 2015

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
> Does the editor support display URLs for app install ads?

It does, in a sense. The display URL for such ads must be either itunes.com or play.google.com/store (depending on whether the ad promotes an iOS or Android app), so Editor just fills it in automatically. The online interface does the same.

> I'm trying to change Final URLs

For what purpose? If you want to implement tracking, then that goes into tracking template. Final URL must correctly reflect the ultimate landing page - basically, the URL the user would see in the browser address bar after clicking on your ad.

> Any work around here without having to manually update via UI?

The online interface doesn't expose display URL for these ads, either - for the same reason.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you, very helpful!