AdWords
2.1K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

google told us to change our homepage, but...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi there... we sell information products... and I was told the last time I signed up for adwords we needed to change our homepage in order to run google adwords (even though we aren't looking to send traffic to our homepage)...

the only problem is... I don't know what to change it to! :-(

our homepage now has some navigation but its primarily collecting email addresses (I haven't updated the homepage in years and its probably time)

are there any examples of GOOD homepages?

stuff that will get us approved to run with google adwords?

once I can SEE what is "acceptable" I can go out and get it done.

thank you so much Smiley Happy

Dave

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: google told us to change our homepage, but...

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there;
Regardless of the content on the landing page, if the site's goal is to collect emails it cannot be advertised on Google. This business model is NOT allowed.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi Moshe,

thanks for the reply. Yes, I understand that the homepage can't be there to just collect emails... we have a blog on the site and everything... but they specifically told us the homepage needs to be changed to approve the account.... thats why I need to update the homepage so its more of a "real" homepage... just trying to see examples of different homepage that ARE ok... Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Well... This would be like asking for an example of a "good car"..... And the answer is: every home page is a good one as long as it fulfills your business goals and complies with the Policy (similar to a good car: i.e. A car which fits your needs and goals and complies with regulatory specs Smiley Surprised )
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

haha.. .moshe... spoken like a true israeli... (I am too, living in miami). Smiley Happy

if you don't know what a car looks like how can you know when you see one?

I am looking for examples so we know what to design.

it's hard to design something when you have no clue what to design.... then we spend money and time on it, and they say "no, this won't work"... that will frustrate me even more. I am trying to figure out what to design now so we can just get it done.

the traffic isn't going to the homepage... it goes to landing pages... 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Google pretty much won't care about the look of your website. There is either some aspect of it that they don't like (and should be removed), or it needs something added, like a disclaimer.

You should contact Google and ask them to provide specifics about what they would like you to change.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Answer is Simple - Think like a User.. Type Relevant Keywords of your website and collect the competitors websites who is running Adwords successfully.. Make some Better Designs Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi Umesh. Thank you for the reply. Oh I did... but no one in our industry is using google adwords now... Everyone was on the Facebook ads bandwagon... but then Facebook stopped allowing ads for anything "dating" related... 

I think many are using native ads or adult traffic... which we aren't looking to do (we don't have an "adult" type site).

I did however see some actual dating "sites" on google adwords but after seeing their landing pages and homepage I'm left very confused on how they would be approved. (my first reaction was they HAVE to be doing some "black hat" type stuff)

That said, I have redesigned the homepage... adding elements from our blog, with articles and content and turning the site more into a "site" instead of just a sales funnel. Just getting the design coded now. Crossing fingers it works out ok.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Dave,

Please share me your website domain name and where you are located at? Let us find out the exact reason.

Regards,
Umesh

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per our Community Guidelines, in order to remove a self-promotional signature. 

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Umesh...  Appreciate the reply... feel free to PM me (or Skype:<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>)... I'd prefer not posting it in public. Smiley Happy

This post has been edited by a Community Manager, per our  Community Guidelines. 

Please note that it is counter to the guidelines to either ask for or offer contact outside the Community itself. For reference, the Guidelines may be found via the Community Guidelines link toward the bottom of the page.