AdWords
1.7K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

google adwords ripping me off

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I recently decided that I wanted to advertise my video on youtube. I pay 25 dollars a day for people to come to my channel and enjoy the content that I upload. Turns out, all google adwords does is make the number of views go up. Nobody commented on my videos or liked or engaged in it at all. All that my money is going towards is the little view number going up. This is extremely frustrating as I pay a lot of money to advertise and get nothing in return. Now I have 10000 views on a video and no likes or comments. Looks fishy. Whats going on Google?? 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: google adwords ripping me off

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Good morning.

Google is not ripping you off. Google does not guarantee "likes" or comments on content. 

What you are paying for with advertising is making people aware that your content exists. Whether or not they choose to view the content or leave a comment or a "like" depends on whether or not they actually enjoyed the content.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Baird,

My interpretation is that you have been running a TrueView video campaign, with in-stream ads or video discovery ads, formerly known as in-display ads. You have been having a good number of views, however, viewer engagement has otherwise been poor. If I exclude issues associated with poor video content and/or quality, it should be a targeting problem. Hence you are advised to refine your current targeting methods so they are aligned with your purposes. Please find your targeting options on the help-page linked-to below.

***   About targeting for video campaigns   ***

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454017?hl=en&ref_topic=3119118

Also factor in the great arguments posted above by @Theresa_Zook.

Best,

Lakatos

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

hi Baird, 

sorry about your experience but i think you got into adwords with the wrong expectations. Adwords doesnt guarantee comments and likes but it will get you views. 

regards,

Zaby