AdWords
3.8K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

google adwords bot crawling my adverts everyday

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone,

For a couple of months now on a daily basis Google has been sending a Bot over my adverts which is annoying because when I look at my stats in my own website control panel I can see 1000's of clicks every day and very little signups.

These campaigns have been running for many years now, and never had this issue before. Has anyone had this happen to them and if so how can I stop it? I guess I could use a bot blocking script on the landing page but then that would have a negative effect on my score.

Any help would be appreciated 

1 Expert replyverified_user

google adwords bot crawling my adverts everyday

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Kerry C

Google does crawl the site and  check the URL the but does not click. If it does, you are credited, but definitely the bot does not click 1000 times... Smiley Surprised

Check with your webmaster. The source of the clicks is from other user(s), or provide Google with the click log and ask for an investigation.

https://www.google.com/intl/en_ALL/ads/adtrafficquality/advertisers/click-investigation-request.html

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’