AdWords
2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

click fraud

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Click fraud. Need to get in touch with someone at Google to both credit account as well as re calibrate statistics as I believe was an attempt to decrease my ad rank while maxing out my daily budget each day with fraudulent click activity. Not ever able to reach someone at Google (seems to be a call center in India) who seems to understand. Each call states a supervisor will get back to me to speak with. No such contact ever arises. Thank you.

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
November 2016

click fraud

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Gregg,

If you use a 3rd-party tool to track and count click fraud, and present your data to Google, then they are sometimes able to credit your account. Keep in mind that there are no set parameters for what does and doesn't count as fraud - but the same IP making the same search and click every day of the week certainly counts.

Regarding account statistics, I have not heard of these being changed manually, and I would expect that it isn't possible.

Quality Score will come right after you have blocked the IP address(es) of the fraudster.

View solution in original post

click fraud

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

How do you know these clicks are click fraud?

Tom

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
November 2016

click fraud

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Gregg,

If you use a 3rd-party tool to track and count click fraud, and present your data to Google, then they are sometimes able to credit your account. Keep in mind that there are no set parameters for what does and doesn't count as fraud - but the same IP making the same search and click every day of the week certainly counts.

Regarding account statistics, I have not heard of these being changed manually, and I would expect that it isn't possible.

Quality Score will come right after you have blocked the IP address(es) of the fraudster.

click fraud

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Gregg S,

Along with what Tom and Rob have supplied to help, I wanted to address your need to access support.

1) Open your AdWords account and click on the gear icon. There is a phone number shown and there is the word Help. If you click Help, you will find other methods to interact with support. If you typically have called in late afternoon, alternate and use the chat feature early am.

2) If you have attempted to work out your issue with support and still cannot get things resolved, or at least a answer, then you should use this form and fill it out with as much details as possible. 

Please keep in mind that the most they can do is credit your account, if you provide enough data to warrant it. I do not believe it is possible to alter an account, as that would create a mess. Think of it as those movies you have watched where going back in time effects everything touched (including competitor's accounts). It simply can't be done.  

All the Best,

James

click fraud

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How can I start a topic of my own because I be dealing with a situation for over 2 months now! I started using google addwords in the summer, and created 2or3 adds that had a budget of $50 dllrs, meaning that I was never going to get charged more that $50 dllrs for each (3); however, I never got any business from any them, and then one day I received a werid phone call from google saying that they were going to be accessing my account to help me add more tags to get more traffic to my adds, and they said it would be at no extra cost, it was part of the service they provided. A month after that I didn't even have the chance to check my account that whole month because I was very very busy, then I see a $200 charge made to my bank when I called to ask for the reason of those charges, I found out that i was another canmpain made that I never created or authorized, that was making daily charges to my account and I told them so ever since then they said they were going to investigate but thye have never follow through with me, my account go suspended after disputting the charges and now I am not even allowed to talk to support, not only that but they have the nerve to ask me why is that I'm disputting the charges, but they give me no resourses to be able to get any help what so ever, and it's been like this for over 2 months now, I am very very concern and upset with this. I dont know what to do! All that I know is that I do not want to pay $200 dlls that I never agreed in the first place! This is absern, and very unethical! Please Help!

click fraud

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We had the same experience in reply from Google but no contact ever arises.  I am curious how the click fraud works so that i can start to plan a defense and adjust a strategy.   Every day we have the same experience; lots of clicks, mostly fraud. 

click fraud

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My fraud clicks are always from Tmobile as a mobile account but the last numbers of the IP are always different. I don't think i want to block everything Tmobile?

click fraud

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Sean T,

In the above case where the only last number changes you can use wildcard entry *
eg: 192.168.255.*

I have been helping my clients to fight click fraud using 3rd party tools + strategy.

Here the 3rd party tools notify me that the click fraud is happening and it also makes automatic iP blocking.
But the click fraud doesn't end here.

We need to apply strategies like below:
1. Avoid Keyword Level Click fraud:
As soon as you see click fraud on a particular keyword, try pausing those keywords for some time and start again.

2.Location Level Click fraud:
Few Third Party tools give you data about the location or you can also dig into your account getting max clicks on a particular keyword from a specific location.
Exclude these locations permanently or for some time depending on how important that location is for your campaign success.

3. Device Level Click fraud:
In this type, you will observe click fraud coming from a particular device either a mobile or desktop, try reducing that particular device bid adjustment.

It's difficult to eliminate click fraud but yes you can reduce it by using above-mentioned techniques.

click fraud

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’