AdWords
6.3K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

click bot/click fraud HELP!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys,

I have a BIG Problem I have a small business with a very competitive industry, since the 14th of march I being targeted by a click bot or a proxy you name it...

I use a 3rd party software who block ips i have many areas excluded including the areas (in this case country) that i get most of the click from, from being on an average of 5-8 clicks a day it went up to 20 the system dose detect high numbers of clicks but still they manage to exhaust my budget and to deal with google for a credit turns out to be a pain (even though it is obvious all the clicks happen in a short time, only from mobile, and from areas that i don't target and even exclude (USA) how is it even possible why they or it is able to see my ads with ips that are not from the same country?!?)

since now i'm spending almost my entire monthly budget in a week in some days i have maybe one local click and the rest are from other countries is there any thing that can be done this thing wont get off my back, this is brutal!

i have tried blocking the usa from accessing my website and lowerd my bids for mobile by 100% this cuts my potential clients by alot  

please help 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

In your campaign settings, under Location options (advanced), if you are set to the default:

People in, searching for, or who show interest in my targeted location

Change it to:

People in my targeted location

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

What are the actual AdWords campaign targeting settings you are using? 

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

this is my setup in this account and also every other area that is not  targeted is excluded

dont know how but it is able to go undetected where alot of them get detected some not  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

it is target to people in the area i'm advertising every thing else is excluded

and dealing with google is a pain they dont seem to care much

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

Where are you getting your location data from?

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

3rd party software

simple ip lookup

and weblogs

Badged Google Partner
# 8
Badged Google Partner

That's your problem. You are not taking any actual AdWords data into account when making your decisions. Like @RobSkelton said, start with the actual campaign settings in your AdWords account. If you don't tell Google what you want on the front end, you shouldn't rely on third arty data on the back end to let Google know what you actually want to do.

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

maybe i forgot to mention but my campaign is setup to target people in my target location

otherwise i would ask here and go analyze the data i appreciate the response but i don't think someone who goes to the extant of checking weblog data and looking up ips, wouldn't know how to setup an adwords account properly