AdWords
2.5K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

can't start the Adwords properly!!! Need for help!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I'm new to Google AdWords.

I'm trying to use Adwords planner to find out which keywords will work for my website.However everytime when I log into my google account, it leads me to a page to fill up for my first campaign and follow up by billing information. I have tried on different laptops and once I login i will be re-directed to the same page to start my first campaign.

I do not have any option to quit from it and seems like i got stuck there foreverCat Mad

Could anyone help me to quit from this page and just to do some keywords research?

Google Adwords.jpg

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: can't start the Adwords properly!!! Need for help!

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Just go ahead and create a dummy campaign. It doesn't have to be anything elaborate. You can skip the billing step if you aren't ready to submit your CC. Once your're done, pause or delete what you just created. Now you should be able to use the keyword planner tool.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks David. I have the same problem. I have literally tried for hours and can't get beyond that screen to the new interface that I see on other systems. I will try and see what happens.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I tried what you said David and it did not allow me to skip the billing step so I stopped at that point. I think that the screen that rainee and I got stuck in was actually the keyword planner although it still says AdWords. Anyway, I followed the steps to creating a dummy campaign and added a site that had an incomplete setup. It has a video which is just a template which I plan to replace with the real message for the campaign. Anyway, Google sent me a warning message that my account would be suspended for false advertising. I was so shocked! I had a chat in Google chat as well as a phone call and the representative removed the AdWords account from my default account. He then had me set up a new account that I can use for AdWords. The lesson learned here is that the campaign is considered live. The rep said that it was under review although I had not yet submitted any billing information. It was a relief to have him help me out. I notice also that the setup was missing the gear button on the right and that I did not have the option of promoting a new user to admin. The interface was not the correct one so then I arrived at the conclusion that it was the keyword planner.

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
@Helena G Sorry about that. I just tested signing up a new account. Step 1 had a link stating something to the effect if you're an experienced Adwords user click here. It then bypassed the 4 step page shown by rainee, and took me to the dashboard. I was able to go directly to keyword planner in the tools tab from there. I never had to enter any billing info.

When I gave you the dummy campaign suggestion, I assumed you had a site ready to go. Anything you create in Adwords should always follow the guidelines. Glad you got it worked out. Even though we know you didn't intend to do anything dishonest, I think your experience shows how serious Google is about their advertising standards... which is a good thing.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Rainee,

The tools option is always there without even any campaign and billing setup.

tools_censored.jpg

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Archit,
As you can see my screenshot, I do not have all the icons on my menu... They are all missing..
I guess I have to make a call to them too.... really upset!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Rainee,

On that page, go to the URL and change the last two letters that are after # to AB. So it will end with #AB. That will bring you to step 1 where you can elect to skip the setup.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I tried but it still look the same.
Untitled-1.jpg 

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Have you tried with different browsers?
first clear browser's cookies and cache.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’