AdWords
2.5K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

bug report: Your keyword isn't triggering ads to appear on Google right now due to a low Ad Rank

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

almost every keywords in my account has this waning: "Your keyword isn't triggering ads to appear on Google right now due to a low Ad Rank."

I have few keywords ranked No. 1 in but still get this message. How can I get a higher Ad Rank if the keywords are already No. 1 in ranking?

is it a bug?

2016-10-31_154543.jpg2016-10-31_154400.jpg

2 Expert replyverified_user

bug report: Your keyword isn't triggering ads to appear on Google right now due to a low Ad Rank

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Lei Z,

This is not a bug and the quality score is not with the keywords but the ads themselves. Click on the Ads tab and then hover over the status quote for each one. You need to create better relevancy with your ads to landing page to keywords. Read this article about quality text ads

Please let us know what you discover.

Kind Regards,

James

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Both things can be true.  The statistics can be misleading.  You have to keep in mind that AdWords auctions occur each time a search term is entered/matched, and the stats are just reporting general tendencies.  It could be that you are getting outbid at a key time of day when most of the conversion action is happening, for example. 

You should always bid at least high enough to get onto the first page.  Failing to do so, you are more likely to appear on page 1 at times when the traffic isn't as good - late at night, etc.  The auction market tends to price clicks at their true value, and it is an intraday, real-time phenomena.  The stats attempt to summarize things but they cannot "tell the entire story".  For example: Quality scores can be high, and you can still get outbid at certain times of day!

That being said, the "low ad rank" message is sometimes displayed a little too liberally, imho.  Sometimes it seems to appear for no good reason. But it is always good to abide by the truism that i have observed, over the years: "Google doesn't do ANYTHING by accident".  So usually there is going to turn out to be some kind of issue, if you dig in.  

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Lei,

"How can I get a higher Ad Rank if the keywords are already No. 1 in ranking?"

That's a bit tricky therefore I am suggesting a thought experience. (You can also check it out in practice to verify if you have the money. I did it multiple times.)

Your ad position is impacted by your Ad Rank that is = Bid*QS. It would take QS a lot of time to improve, therefore let's triple your bid. Chances are that under a typical scenario you will shortly find that additional traffic is appearing in your stats tables (additional search terms on Search or placements on Display) where your average ad position is not as good as it used to be. Your earlier ad position was 1.0 because your ad with its low ad rank was not even considered for the additional traffic which has first become visible after you tripled your bids to raise your ad rank.

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Keyword diagnostics now automatically defaults to search for your mobile device. Simply click on the details tab > keywords diagnosis > and select which device you wish use your keyword diagnostics for eg. computer, mobile or tablet.

My guess is that your max cpc is low for mobiles, thats why you maybe seeing this message "Your keyword isn't triggering ads to appear on Google right now due to a low Ad Rank."