AdWords
4.9K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

ads not showing

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

ad got approved but not showing says Reasons
We currently can't determine why your ad isn't showing.

Then i go to billing and it says ive had 3 clicks and ££ amount

If my ad isn't showing how have i had the 3 clicks and why is it not showing when its been approved

ads not showing

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Wallets L

If the Ad Preview Tool says the ad is not showing and that it cannot determine why, I would suggest refreshing the Preview Tool. Sometimes I get the same message and when I do I refresh to search again. When I do, it either says the ad is showing or if it's not, the reason changes to something specific that can be resolved (like low ad rank). In your case - since you're getting clicks - I think you'll find it says your ad is showing.

Remember, Google AdWords is a live auction and the variables are in constant fluctuation so you may have clicks for a keyword that was ranking but is now outbid from the first page, etc.

Best, 

Allie 

ads not showing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I found the problem my ad quality score is around 5 to nothing on all the keywords how do i change this? like where do the keywords need to be so i get a better ranking

ads not showing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Allie M

Something not right here, so now of the key words are showing okay need to work on that however ive just managed to get 23 clicks and spend over £32 yet when i go to my campaign and ad no info on this itsays clicks 0 but it just shows in billing 

What is going on? how can i get clicks and pay if none of my ads and keywords are showing 

ads not showing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can i also ad that ive had 17 website views so how have google maked down ive had 23 clicks? also these views are not from the google ads

ads not showing

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

In addition to the good feedback from @Allie M above, I would add a couple of notes:

1) AdWords reporting is not "real time".  There is typically a delay of 3 to 8 hours.  Even after your clicks are reported, there are "click washing" and other backend processes updating, so the numbers shouldn't be viewed as stable until about 8 hours after midnight in the time zone the campaign is set to (8am). 

2) A quality score of 5 is actually not too bad for a new campaign.  It takes a while for the quality score to play out in a new campaign, and the click-thru rate (CTR) will play a big part in where the number ends up, along with the relevancy of your ad copy, the overall landing page experience, use of ad extensions, etc.  There are many posts you can pull up in this forum about how to improve your quality score - it's a rather involved topic. 

hth!

ads not showing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Okay but that doesn't still explain how noone of these 28 clicks have come to my site

Ive check landing page and it is my site it meant to be going to, i tried talking to google on the chat and they said an agency is in control of my account and to talk to them regarding this then just closed the chat on me 

ads not showing

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Wallets L

If your Quality Score is low, take a look at Google's Best Practices for Quality Score to see what you can improve. However, Quality Score is an "aggregated estimate of your overall performance in ad auctions" and is not used at auction time to determine ad rank. Ad rank in a live auction is determined real-time by expected clickthrough rate, ad relevance and landing page experience. More here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/156066#QSvAR 

If your campaign has clicks, the keywords had to have triggered ads at one point. I would check the account history to see what ad showed for which keyword and what the search term was to get a better understanding of what was working. Then, I would start with improving those keywords/ads to get it to rank again. 

As for why the clicks show up in billing but not the account: is your timeline set to "all time" or a short date range? Perhaps the clicks are before the date range you're currently looking at? If it's something other than that, I would suggest contacting Google for clarification. 

And as for the discrepancy between your website traffic data and the campaign: are you looking at all landing pages? It's my understanding that it's normal for third party data to be slightly different from Google for most accounts - but I don't have enough experience to shed more light on that. Sorry.

Hope this helps!

Allie