AdWords
2.7K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

account under review

N/A
# 1
N/A

Our adwords account came under review when we added a new campaign to an existing account. The reason given was for the new activity, which was different from previous ads, bids, etc. As we explained to the tech, we have been calling, telling and talking to Google techs for the past month about the upcoming new campaign, ads/bids. 

Our client's existing account with adwords has not been doing well with adwords. Which is why we were brought in. Which is what we have been discussing with Google adwords for over a month. We have let them know, when seeking advice on the best way to approach the new campaign, ads, etc. that the client is looking to improve his performance, CTR, etc. every time we have called, about 15 times in the past month.

And, when we set up the new campaign we had a Google tech approve it. That Google tech, like all the other techs we talked to, had access to the account, could see the need for improvements, and was aware of the coming new campaign. Yet, no one told us that new activity was going to trigger a review, that has effectively shuttered all of his ads across multiple products going on day two now.

Google was aware of the coming changes and improvements. Instead of responding with open arms, instead they punished the client by placing the account on hold for review.

Hard to wrap my mind around this.

2 Expert replyverified_user

account under review

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

Key points to understand;

The review is  performed   regardless of  optimization.  The support team helping to optimize the campaign is  a different team, and the review team is independent.

For now, the best would be to want until the review is completed.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

account under review

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi,

It would be difficult to comment on your story because you are consistently refraining from sharing any specific information relevant to the new campaign. I mean campaign type, targeting methods applied, final URL(s), etc. Chances are we should probably also listen to the story of the opposing party which is likely impossible I think.

Best,

Lakatos

account under review

N/A
# 4
N/A

Campaign type: google search, target usa, demographics 31-40%, $10.00 bid, 300.00 daily budget. Client with adwords since 2002. Cleared with google techs, who signed off on what we started with, which was 1 ad.

account under review

N/A
# 5
N/A

Shutting down a client with an existing track record of close to 1/2 a million since 2002 without any hiccups is extreme.

Now we know we should have gone a different route, such as opening a new account. That way, any review of the existing account would be on the client's shoulder's. They do not maintain their ads, take suggestions, fix errors, etc.

However, we have been in contact with them for weeks. The lack of dialogue and help from google to assist and work with clients starting to fix those errors is still surprising. Lesson learned about Google adwords and their serious lack of communication. 

I understand, the support team is a different team. That's why we have been notifiying google weeks ahead of schedule. Just looking at a change in data and bits without the explanation is wasting time and leads to drawing wrong conclusions, i.e. that someone broke into the account (one reason they gave us, even though I am in the systems and working on same computer, and have made human contact numerous times).

account under review

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello,

@MosheTLV and me are volunteers trying to help fellow advertisers when we can. Based on the above, chances are you were in contact with the Optimization Team while the issue came from Approval. While the story told by you may sound a bit weird to some, that's probably due to specialization. 

Whatever I think, it would not help you in such a situation. As @MosheTLV advised above, your best current option is to wait till the review is done and come back to the forum for further help later if need be.

Best,

Lakatos 

account under review

N/A
# 7
N/A

Ok what is the advice to follow for a client looking to improve their site and their ads regards to Google? What should we have done different to have avoided shutting down our client's existing businesses, he has over 6 different campaigns with Google in the same account that generate daily sales.

How could this "review for our own good" have been avoided. This is affecting his pocketbook. No sales = no income, no sales = no work for employees. No activity for a couple of days on adwords = once re-activated start off with lower sales.

How do you help a client improve their sales and ranking in adwords without being financially punished for 72+ hours?

account under review

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

I am not saying we can help under any scenario. However, quite often advertisers would come here and share their problems. Chances are some one specialized in the appropriate fields would be able to advise them since this forum has great many helpers in various fields. @MosheTLV is known e.g. for his expertise regarding approvals, we have some people who are great PPC strategists, etc. 

I'd not like to communicate that you or anyone else should have done this or that. However, once you are here we are trying to share our thoughts about what we think your best options are. The more details you share the more help you can count with. Regarding approvals, the key issues are of course ad copies and first of all website URLs.

I do apologize for my inability to offer you more.

Best,

Lakatos

account under review

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

I would strongly not recommend to open a new account targeting the same audience.  This could make the situation worse ,  and the account most likely, also, will fall into a review. 

Can you confirm whether the account is under review or suspended? 

(posted from a mobile device.  typos due to a mobile editor) 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

account under review

N/A
# 10
N/A

It's under review, 39 hours in.

We are not touching or doing anything with current account or creating a new account until this present issue is resolved.

The feeling is we should have opened up a new account for this campaign, but have no way of knowing if long standing client with google, opening another account with same credit card would trigger a review.

Can you guide us in the right direction of who we talk to at Google after this review is complete? We need to get customer sales back up and running. And, the way I feel now, is that talking to a Google tech is insufficient in this matter.